Multi Instruments Track Request!!!

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
Thurisaz

Multi Instruments Track Request!!!

Post by Thurisaz »

Hello Steinberg crew! :-)
I, and many others (I hope) have an idea about Multi Instruments Track, with unlimited slots for instruments (not by using the limited MIDI Sends option). I/We would like to be able to load various VSTs, for example: instruments ( Retrologue, u-he Zebra, Ample Sound Guitars...which have their own interface) with/or multi instruments players (like Kontakt, Engine, Aria, Halion, Groove Agent...) to combine instruments, or to switch between them (even between the libraries inside one player, like Kontakt) and to use them on one midi track, not to open separated track for every instrumet, or for every articulation. This would save a lot of space on the Timeline. Presonus Studio One 3 has "Multi Instruments" track, Orchestral Tools created "C.A.P.S.U.L.E." to switch between the different articulation inside the Kontakt (they integrated keyswitching system to switch between the articulations, but you have to provide more possibilities for switching, because there are libraries with their own keyswitching options, for example some Kontakt libraries).
Please, think about to integrate this Multi Instruments Track in the next version of Cubase 8.5. :)

1. Orchestral Tools - "C.A.P.S.U.L.E."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1ksXGZy_E

2. Presonus Studio One 3 "Multi Instruments"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLkOXLjTGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234MpO0O5Cs

Thank you in advance!
Greetings and keep working! :-)
Composer, arranger, orchestrator, multi-instrumentalist and sound engineer
Workstation: HP Z820 (2x Xeon Octa-Core E5-2670 @ 2.6GHz, 64GB Ram DDR3 @ 1333MHz)
DAWs: Cubase Pro 10.0.60, Studio One 4.6, Pro Tools 12
Notation: Dorico Pro 3.5.0, Overture 5.6, Sibelius 2019.7
VI Host: Vienna Ensemble Pro 7.0.1056

lordadb

Re: Multi Instruments Track Request!!!

Post by lordadb »

Same needs, here.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20 (italian) - Win 10 Pro x64 - CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.42 GHz - RAM 16 GB - TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48 (x2) - ATI Sapphire R7 250 Ultimate - Controller: Steinberg CMC-CH, Icon Qcon Pro X+XS, Novation Remote ZERO SL
My studio gears: http://lipstickstudio.maurolamanna.it/a ... -list-ita/

stoiostoev91

Post by stoiostoev91 »

+1 here, too! It's an awesome idea and would be very useful . :)

Thurisaz

Post by Thurisaz »

Thank you for the support about this idea, guys! :-) I hope Steinberg would take it in mind :-)
Workstation: HP Z820 (2x Xeon Octa-Core E5-2670 @ 2.6GHz, 64GB Ram DDR3 @ 1333MHz)

Niles

Post by Niles »

If Steinberg decides to implement a Multi Instrument, I would suggest to create a serial system with access to multiple MIDI channels within the Multi Instrument container. That would be way more powerful than the parallel system PreSonus used for their Multi Instrument. A Multi Instrument in Studio One is basically a container for different Instruments driven by one MIDI track (only MIDI channel 1). Functionality wise, it's not really different from sending a simple MIDI send from one MIDI track to several devices in Cubase.

That being said, with a serial system it would be possible to use VST's with MIDI out within the Multi Instrument container to modify other VST's in that container. That really could be a strong feature to create modular environments. Especially since there are some great VST modifiers out there.

Thurisaz

Post by Thurisaz »

Niles, your suggestion is really interesting and powerful! :-) I'm agree with you about the Multi Instruments in Studio One 3... unfortunately it's very limited, and it's just container at the moment. There is no way to open just one Kontakt player with few libraries, and to switch them inside the player... The only way to switch the libraries is to open separated Kontakt for every library, and to use automation on bypass, but it doesn't work properly yet...
If the guys from Steinberg decide to create this feature in Cubase /Nuendo, I would prefer to be more like Orchestral Tools C.A.P.S.U.L.E.
Such MIDI track would save a lot of space on the timeline, and would bring it more closer to the orchestral stems.
They also have to implement drag and drop (from everywhere), the modern way of loading instruments, effects, audio and video files, like in Studio One. :-)

steinpac

Post by steinpac »

Bump!
There is also the issue of pressing two or more keyswitches together, like the Spitfire Audio function: this seems very difficult to emulate using Expression Maps, which I have been using a great deal.
Cubase Pro9.5.41, Wavelab Pro9.5.30, VEP6, Waves, Plugin Alliance, HOFA, DDMF, Audio Vitamins and many more, using Steinberg MR816CSX on Win7SP1-64Bit, Intel i7-3930K, ASUS-P9X79PRO, 64GB-DDR3, ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970...

hasito91

Post by hasito91 »

+1 For this idea! I would like to have it in the next update, or in Cubase 8.5.
The guys from Steinbegr have to think about to integrate such Multi Instruments track!!!

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 »

+1

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

+1
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

dioman_leikari

Post by dioman_leikari »

+1
Thurisaz wrote:Hello Steinberg crew! :-)
I, and many others (I hope) have an idea about Multi Instruments Track, with unlimited slots for instruments (not by using the limited MIDI Sends option). I/We would like to be able to load various VSTs, for example: instruments ( Retrologue, u-he Zebra, Ample Sound Guitars...which have their own interface) with/or multi instruments players (like Kontakt, Engine, Aria, Halion, Groove Agent...) to combine instruments, or to switch between them (even between the libraries inside one player, like Kontakt) and to use them on one midi track, not to open separated track for every instrumet, or for every articulation. This would save a lot of space on the Timeline. Presonus Studio One 3 has "Multi Instruments" track, Orchestral Tools created "C.A.P.S.U.L.E." to switch between the different articulation inside the Kontakt (they integrated keyswitching system to switch between the articulations, but you have to provide more possibilities for switching, because there are libraries with their own keyswitching options, for example some Kontakt libraries).
Please, think about to integrate this Multi Instruments Track in the next version of Cubase 8.5. :)

1. Orchestral Tools - "C.A.P.S.U.L.E."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1ksXGZy_E

2. Presonus Studio One 3 "Multi Instruments"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLkOXLjTGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234MpO0O5Cs

Thank you in advance!
Greetings and keep working! :-)
DAW (SSL Certified), M/B X79, Intel E5-2620, 64 Gb ram DDR3, 8 Tb HDs ,1 HD SSD 500Gb, 2 Nvidia cards (GTX 670), 900watt pfc active, Tuned Windows 7 Pro 64bit, x3 19" lcd displays, 1 master lcd tv 55", Cubase Pro, Digital Perfomer 9, ProTools HD, Sequoia, Live, Logic Pro, Sibelius and Madness.

Laserkraft

Post by Laserkraft »

+1
Would be important to be able to have separate inserts for each instrument.
C 9.5 / Win 10 Custom PC / OS X MacBook Pro

benmcc

Post by benmcc »

I've wanted this from Steinberg for ages now... A multi-instrument / multi-effect chaining device would really be amazing and for the two to work with each other seamlessly would just be awesome. I would probably never look at another DAW again if they finally gave us this feature. C'mon Steinberg, you know we all want this badly. >+9000

Raumzeit

Post by Raumzeit »

+1
Windows 10 Home 64Bit | Cubase 8.5 Artist | Steinberg UR22 | i7-4770(4 Core, 8MB, 3.9 GHz Turbo) | 12GB Ram DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX760 | Samsung 256GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HD | Maus | weiße Katze

Vas314

Post by Vas314 »

+1 as in Patcher and Multi-Instrument,
Sonar will be adding Workspaces this fall.

Obviously I would prefer that Cubase had a modular environment.
Cubase 10.0.30, S1 4.5, Reaper 6, FLS 20, Bidule - Windows 10 - 64bit, Focusrite 2i4, iPad Air as Midi Controller, 23" 10-touch monitor, ExpressionMate, Waves Horizon, Komplete 12, PSP, Eventide, Melda, Soundtoys, Hornet etc.

dmbaer

Post by dmbaer »

Personally, I'd be just as happy with more MIDI sends, and it would be much, much easier for SB to deliver that feature. How many sends? 16 sounds about right.
Last edited by dmbaer on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Baer

Hardware: Intel I7 4-core hyper-threaded; 8M RAM; Dual hard drives; Roland Quad Capture
DAW: Cubase 7.5 64-bit (and SONAR X2 64-bit)
Synths and effects: More than I care to contemplate, but only the 64-bit stuff ever gets used

InLightTone

Post by InLightTone »

+1 Something like Ableton Live's racks would be so sweet...

maggie

Post by maggie »

+1
Cubase 10 pro, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Padshop Pro, Tone2 Electra 2, Tone2 Ultraspace, U-He Diva, U-He Presswerk, U-He Hive, Tubeohm Vintage, Virtual CZ, Arturia Solina V2, Arturia Analog Lab, Waldorf Nave, Synapse Dune 2, UVI Falcon, UVI Grand Piano Type D, AiR Xpand!2, KV331 Synthmaster, Steinberg UR22, Arturia Keylab 49 (Black Edition), AMD RYZEN 3700X, 32GB GSkill Tridentz NEO RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F, Windows 10 64bit

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”