POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Are you getting occasional "hang on exit" problems with C6?

64bit - Yes
34%
64bit - Never
20%
32bit - Yes
19%
32bit - Never
27%

Total votes: 558

Arjan P

Re: POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

Post by Arjan P » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm

As it says in the sticky 'How do i report a problem':
1. The issue should be ideally confirmed by other forum members to exclude a single system glitch or absurdity
2. We need a detailed reproducible case

#1 should be no problem, as this thread clearly shows, but #2 may be much harder..

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Johnny B Richman

Post by Johnny B Richman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 pm

HerbertPaul wrote:Yes it is! both with Cubase 64 and 32 bit.
Whatever I do, the working is fine but when I exit (in all the different ways) it crashes with or mostly with a blue screen.
This is very annoing!!
I never had a blue screen (BSOD) after exiting any Cubase since VST32 through SX1-2-3-C5 - I suspect you have a HW issue on your computer.
Win7 x64 SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3, RME Fireface 400, MIDISport 4x4, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 + 2x HP ZR2440w displays
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, WaveLab 9.5.50, HALion 6

triton

Post by triton » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 am

triton wrote:HI guys

PLease can someone help. Upgraded to c6 - everything seemed ok and now I keep getting this hanging issue. I've tried it at 32 and 64 bit - the same.

No point me looking at the crash report as I dont have a clue what that stuff means.

What I have deduced from HOURS of trial and error is that:

1. if i try and close the project with the top left red cross = crash

2. if i try and close from the file drop down menu = crash.

3. If I try and remove an instance of loopmash from the VST instrument panel - it hangs / crashes. I thought it might have something to do with different rates 44.1 etc - but I deleted all the samples in my loopmash so that it was empty and it still crashes when i try and remove it from the vsti panel.

everything worked fine before in C5.5.2 - i just can't work out what's going wrong.

have updated my 410 firewire driver to 64 bit - updated trilian to 1.3.2 - the only other vsts im using are hypersonic and melodyne and kontakt and absynth 4. but it all seemed to work ok for a while i think - i'm not sure what triggered it all to start crashing on save now????

anymore thoughts??

***** UPDATE *********

I disabled all my audio tracks that had inserts of Melodyne editor - and after this I was able to finally close my project without crashing. However, when I try and remove one of my instances of loopmash from the VSTi instruments panel, it again crashes. still can't figure out why that is. I have another instance of loopmash - if i close that one ther is no crash - only with this other one does it do it. And there are NO samples loaded into it - it's just an empty loopmash window???

Does anyone know how to disable loopmash so that it does not load when i fire up cubase? i want to see if this makes a difference?

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

I've just had my first hang. I'd switched to using 64 bit mode and it had been fine only using 64 bit plugins. As soon as I used the old HSO player though (to check something), it hung. I had to force quite the VST bridge before I could force quit Cubase.
MacBook Pro 13" Intel Core i5 2.5Ghz 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.11.6, Steinberg UR12, Cubase 9.0.1, Dorico 1.0.20, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2012c, Komplete 9, HALion 5.1.1.60

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I think the blue sreen problem it's resolved in my PC ;)
I instaled asio4all and until now ...i don't have no more blue screens!!!
I think the problem is only in windows 7 64 with Cubase 6 and 5... because no body with Windows 32 have blue sreen... cubase can crash all the time ... but the blue screen problem it's only in windows 7 64.

So ... install asio4all... and please try to open and close all the projects!! If somebody have a blue sreen crash with that driver... please post it here.

Hugs
PT
PC: Intel Core Duo E7400 @ 2.80 ; RAM 4GB ; Asus p5kpl/1600 | OS: Windows 7 64 | DAW: Cubase 6 and 5 ; Samplitude 11 ; ProTools 8 M-Powered | Interface: Roland SI-24 | Monitors: Roland DS 50A | Keyboard: Axiom 61

bern

Post by bern » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Is asio4all a 'Steinberg/Steinberg approved' product? I still have no crashes unless I close Cubase 6 without a project loaded. I did have a problem with Cubase 6, Drumagog 5, and EZDrummer the other day. Somehow, while accessing these programs ( Drumagog 5 and EZDrummer) I had a crash with what looked like an old .dll version of something that was called in Windows (Vista HP). Are there any replies from Steinberg technicians that scan this board? I think that an update is in order. ;)
PC, Intel Core2 Quad, ASUS, 4Gigs, Windows 7 32Bit, RME FF800, Soundcraft Spirit, studio site -
STUDIO

4damind

Post by 4damind » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Cubase hangs on exit with M-Audio Hypercontrol. It's a well known bug firstly for M-Audio but may be it has also something todo with Cubase 6?
Frank Arnold
-------------------------------
Electronic Music Composer

Networks: Spotify | Soundcloud | Facebook | Youtube
Web: 4damind.com

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Yes... i think 1 of the problems it's m-audio hypercontrol!! I already disconnect hypercontrol from my axiom 61... but afther that i had some blue screens!!
Now I have my Roland SI-24 (with m-audio r-bus 64bits driver) like a generic remote control... and asio4all (version 2.10) like main asio driver.... NO MORE BLUE SCREENS :)
I hope the system keeps that way :D

Big hug
PT
PC: Intel Core Duo E7400 @ 2.80 ; RAM 4GB ; Asus p5kpl/1600 | OS: Windows 7 64 | DAW: Cubase 6 and 5 ; Samplitude 11 ; ProTools 8 M-Powered | Interface: Roland SI-24 | Monitors: Roland DS 50A | Keyboard: Axiom 61

popmann

Post by popmann » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 am

Did when I first loaded it (C6/64-Win7x64) I tracked down the problem--BFD2 is incompatible with the Steiny bit bridge. So, 64bit would hang on exit sometimes--the "sometimes" turned out to be any project using BFD2.

FXPansion claims it's Steiny's bridge at fault. $20 and JBridge later, I'm going to agree, as I can use BFD2 without it hanging...albeit with an INCREDIBLE CPU hit.

so, I guess I'm going to load the 32bit C6 just to do drum work...reopen in 64bit once those are printed.

Chris Beuermann

Post by Chris Beuermann » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 am

Hello,
FXPansion claims it's Steiny's bridge at fault.
That is cool....... perhaps they should start providing a 64-bit version of the plugin, so the plugin can be used native in a 64-bit environment....
Does BFD2 support 64-bit or other >4GB addressing schemes? [top]

No.

BFD2 should run as a 32-bit plugin inside a suitable 64-bit DAW environment (such as Sonar 64 'Bit-Bridge' for 32-bit plugins). Please note, however, that these platforms are not part of our standard testing regimes and we cannot guarantee their operation with all versions of BFD2. The last BFD2 version that was successfully tested in this type of environment is 2.0.4.
Cheers,

Chris

oblique82

Post by oblique82 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:10 am

Registered to this board just for this thread

both cubase 5 and 6 BSOD on exit only. latest elicensing drivers and latest versions of 5.x and 6.x

Windows 7 x64 with 32 bit hosts (for rewire compatibility)

I really need a fix for this

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 am

oblique82 wrote:Registered to this board just for this thread

both cubase 5 and 6 BSOD on exit only. latest elicensing drivers and latest versions of 5.x and 6.x

Windows 7 x64 with 32 bit hosts (for rewire compatibility)

I really need a fix for this

Hi,
You already try to install asio4all version 2.10 ( http://www.asio4all.com ) ?
Please try and post the result ;)

Big hug
PT

oblique82

Post by oblique82 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am

why install that? I am using hardware asio - echo audiofire. will that mess it up?

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 am

oblique82 wrote:why install that? I am using hardware asio - echo audiofire. will that mess it up?
Hi again,
I'm sugesting that because I had the some problem with M-Audio R-bus 64x driver!! It's asio driver too, ok?
So... afther i had install asio4all, and in the cubase select it like main driver, i never had more Blue Screens on exit ;)

Asio4all it's free... and the last driver (2.10) it's actualized (2010).
If you want a sugestion for resolve your problem... maybe it's your anwser for the moment... but the choice to install and try it's yours;)

Of course you have to choose your echo audiofire in the asio4all control panel... but they have the manual in the site too!

Big hug
PT

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

What I can evidence he is that probably the BSOD are not a Cubase problem, Steinberg is not the guilty, the guilty are the hardware suppliers that not actualize drivers of the equipment.
To the beginning I had crashes and thought that sonic halion se it was the problem, later I thought that he was the new guitar amplifier, etc.
Until I thought that he was of mine motherbord and I actualized the BIOS. Nothing of this it resulted!
When I installed asio4all all my problems had disappeared. That is 1 actualized driver (version 2.10), that it works with all the audio interfaces ... and until now my CUBASE 6 DO NOT HAD MORE BSOD ;)

So please report here if you had do the same and your problem it's was resolved... I think it will be important for steinberg to know about that... because maybe the can put 1 alternative solution to asio4all maded by Steinberg in the 1º upgrade do Cubase 6!!

Big hug
PT

Raphie

Post by Raphie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:20 pm

NO NOT SOLVED!

I don't use ASIO4ALL (I've got a decent soundcard :mrgreen: )
C6 crashes when you exit with a project open, that's a bug and that needs to be fixed.

no one here is talking about BSOD's or what have ya,
Analogue Mastering
MSI raider X299 - Intel i9 7940 - MSI Gaming X 1070GTX 8GB - OCZ RD400 nvme SSD - 16GB DDR4-3000
Windows 10 x64 up to date - Cubase Pro 9.5x - Wavelab Pro 9.5x
RME MadiFX and racks full of outboard

Everything you need to know about remote control editors

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Raphie wrote:NO NOT SOLVED!

I don't use ASIO4ALL (I've got a decent soundcard :mrgreen: )
C6 crashes when you exit with a project open, that's a bug and that needs to be fixed.

no one here is talking about BSOD's or what have ya,
Hi Raphie,
I'm not saying you don't have a decent soundcard ...heheh... I'm saying for you try to use your decent soundcard, with your soundcard driver, but chouse asio4all in cubase device setup like the master asio sound card. You understand?

1º you install asio4all
2º you chouse your decent sound card in asio4all control panel
3º you chouse in Cubase 6 device setup asio4all
4º MAYBE C6 DON'T CRASH WHEN YOU EXIT :lol:

I'm only try to help persons with this problem... and help steiberg to resolve that problem too :)
I work with Cubase 6, Samplitude 11 and Pro-tools 8... and this problem it's only in cubase, ok?

Big hug
PT

Johnny B Richman

Post by Johnny B Richman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:07 pm

You still don't get it, do you...
We are NOT discussing BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) crashes here but Cubase "hanging" e.g. when Cubase is closed, the program is still running in background etc.
Just read the thread from the beginning and you will / should understand the topic.
Win7 x64 SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3, RME Fireface 400, MIDISport 4x4, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 + 2x HP ZR2440w displays
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, WaveLab 9.5.50, HALion 6

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Johnny B Richman wrote:We are NOT discussing BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) crashes here....
Well, we kind of are. We shouldn't be; the person that introduced the BSOD crashes in this thread should not have done that. That person should have started a new thread, as one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Johnny B Richman wrote:....but Cubase "hanging" e.g. when Cubase is closed, the program is still running in background etc.
THAT is what we started off talkign about, and the only thing we should be talking about here.

Please do not continue BSOD posts in this thread - if you have a BSOD, then start a new thread. This thread was started about hanging on exit - which has NOTHING TO DO WITH BSODs.

Thank you.

Oscat

Post by Oscat » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Chris Beuermann wrote:Hello,
FXPansion claims it's Steiny's bridge at fault.
That is cool....... perhaps they should start providing a 64-bit version of the plugin, so the plugin can be used native in a 64-bit environment....
Does BFD2 support 64-bit or other >4GB addressing schemes? [top]

No.

BFD2 should run as a 32-bit plugin inside a suitable 64-bit DAW environment (such as Sonar 64 'Bit-Bridge' for 32-bit plugins). Please note, however, that these platforms are not part of our standard testing regimes and we cannot guarantee their operation with all versions of BFD2. The last BFD2 version that was successfully tested in this type of environment is 2.0.4.
Cheers,

Chris
Indeed it would be wonderful if Plugin manufacturers made 64 bit plugins but some are very slow and until then you actually could suggest using Jbridge, which seems to work where vst bridge often fails, at least that would be a helpful suggestion.
For the person with a high jbridge Cpu hit, in setting untick "AudiomasterGetTime Hack" and Tick "Performance Mode" , if the plugin runs OK like this it should run at a lower latency.

Back on subject I get two Program has stopped responding boxes on exit, they do close Cubase, this happens around 25% of the time.
It stops happening if I remove my AlphaTrack.
From London UK, working with a PC
Intel i7 2600K at 3.8 Ghz HT on,Thermalright VenomousXRT with Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD5-B3, Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb Hdd, 16Gb Corsair Vengence PC12800 9-9-9-24,XFX Radeon 6450 HD passive,Corsair HX620W power, Samsung SATA DVD Drive and a SATA DVDRW Drive all in an Antec Solo case
Windows 7 64 bit ; TC Electronic Konnekt 24D - Driver 3.2, Alpha Track and M Audio axiom 49 ----
Cubase 7.5.1 with Amplitube 3.11.2, SVX, Fender, Slash etc. SampleTank 2.54, TRacksCS grand , CSR, Fabrik C and R, Kontact player + Slate Drums and loads of other plugs.

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Johnny B Richman wrote:You still don't get it, do you...
We are NOT discussing BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) crashes here but Cubase "hanging" e.g. when Cubase is closed, the program is still running in background etc.
Just read the thread from the beginning and you will / should understand the topic.
Johnny,
Ok, i understand now the subject of the topic...thanks for being so clear... and kind :lol:
So... i explain to you 1 thing... if you want, of course... the solution it's the same for hanging on exit and for BSOD, ok? ... :lol:

If you want to resolve your problem "C6 hanging on exit"... in my last reply you have the awnser!
If you want to resolve your problem "BSOD on exit"... in my last reply you have the awnser!

Hugs
PT

Jeff Hayat

Post by Jeff Hayat » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 am

paulojorgetrindade wrote:If you want to resolve your problem "C6 hanging on exit"... in my last reply you have the awnser!
What's the answer - that installing ASIO4ALL will stop Cubase from hanging on exit? Sorry, I don't buy that.

paulojorgetrindade

Post by paulojorgetrindade » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:46 am

You don´t have to buy the awnser it's free :lol:
....and the driver too :lol:

It's only a solution given by 1 man with 43 years old and 20 years using software to make music... but of couse i can be wrong... i'm always learning!!! Learning it's the best thing in life... correction... music and learning!!!

Hugs
PT

timmyboylad

Post by timmyboylad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Still seeing hanging here with no discernible pattern. Sometimes I just open it and close it and it hangs. Sometimes I have plug ins loaded and sometimes not. Sometimes I close the project and let it sit for a minute before I close the program and it doesn't hang and the next time I try this it does hang.

At this point it's hanging on exit about 25% of the time. I cntl+alt+del and force the program to close and it always does after I get the Windows "close program" dialogue.

37% of respondents to the poll have said the program hangs on exit and I still don't see this as a confirmed bug. Is this because the good folks at Steinberg have not been able to reproduce it?
Desktop: Cubase Pro 9.0.30 Wavelab Pro 9.1, Halion 6, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2AI, CPU Intel Core i7 3.4gHz, Motherboard Asus P8z77-v LX, 16gb RAM, Video Card MSI R5450 (no fan), PSU Zalman ZM600 HP, Zalman Reserator 1 liquid cooled system, Windows 10 x64 Home Premium, Pro Tools 12.7.1, Waves Mercury Native 9

Laptop: MacBook Pro (15 in), 2.4 gHz Intel Core i7, 8 gb RAM, OSX El Capitan 10.11.6, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2AI, Philips DVD+-RW SDVD 8820 SATA drive, Wavelab Pro 9.1, Cubase Pro 9.0.30, Halion 6, Pro Tools 12.7.1, Waves Mercury Native 9

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 am

paulojorgetrindade wrote:You don´t have to buy the awnser it's free (re: ASIO4ALL stops Cubase from hanging on exit) It's only a solution given by 1 man with 43 years old and 20 years using software to make music...
Even if using Asio4All would be a solution to the hanging problem - it still would be a workaround. If a Steinberg program crashes when using the official Asio drivers from the hardware manufacturers and other programs don't, the real solution is a fix from Steinberg, making Cubase work with the official drivers.

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Return to “Older Cubase versions”