Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Post Reply
User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Is anyone else not seeing the new Trip synth in Halion Sonic SE 2?

Halion Sonic SE 2 loads Ok and the content is there, including my Dark Planet, but no
Trip. I read in another thread there are two downloads. One for Cubase and one for Halion SE 2 content. Is that right?

I only did one download and now can't get back to that download page.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:37 pm

In the email from the Steinberg Online Shop there are several links.
Klick on Download (underneath "Your Order"),this should take you back to the download page.

Hope this helps you.

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:43 pm

electricfusion wrote:In the email from the Steinberg Online Shop there are several links.
Klick on Download (underneath "Your Order"),this should take you back to the download page.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying that like crazy but can't get back to the exact download page from where I originally downloaded 7.5.

I'll have another look though.

Cheers
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Yep. That link from the email takes me to a message that says: "You currently have no downloads available."

Yet Trip is still not available.
Attachments
Halion sonic.jpg
(171.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Hedshaker wrote: Thanks for the reply. I've been trying that like crazy but can't get back to the exact download page from where I originally downloaded 7.5.

I'll have another look though.

Cheers
Now this is odd.I checked after i´ve read your reply and it worked w/o problems.

Another tip:
try to go back to the download page via the history of your browser.
"Steinberg Online Shop by asknet".
This works as well.

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm

electricfusion wrote:
Hedshaker wrote: Thanks for the reply. I've been trying that like crazy but can't get back to the exact download page from where I originally downloaded 7.5.

I'll have another look though.

Cheers
Now this is odd.I checked after i´ve read your reply and it worked w/o problems.

Another tip:
try to go back to the download page via the history of your browser.
"Steinberg Online Shop by asknet".
This works as well.
That's a good idea, thanks.

It's probably something I've missed. I was really looking forward to playing with Trip.

Really digging the new Groove Agent...
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Hedshaker wrote: That's a good idea, thanks.

It's probably something I've missed. I was really looking forward to playing with Trip.

Really digging the new Groove Agent...
I´d love to play w/ it as well but the download is incredibly slow.Somewhere around 100kB/s...

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 pm

electricfusion wrote:
Hedshaker wrote: That's a good idea, thanks.

It's probably something I've missed. I was really looking forward to playing with Trip.

Really digging the new Groove Agent...
I´d love to play w/ it as well but the download is incredibly slow.Somewhere around 100kB/s...
Was there two downloads for you. I'm thinking that could be where I've gone wrong, though I can't get back to the download page no matter what I try.
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
bluzkat
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by bluzkat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Hedshaker,

There were two downloads, one for the Cubase update, then the HSSE content link was just below that.
Peace...
bluzkat


i7 3770, 32 GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, nVidia GTX 650, Cubase Pro 8.5.15, Nektar P6

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Hedshaker wrote: Was there two downloads for you. I'm thinking that could be where I've gone wrong, though I can't get back to the download page no matter what I try.
Yes.
There are 2 downloads.
As the download speed deteriorated down to 17kB/s i closed all pages,cleaned cache and started from scratch.
One point which was new,i had to log in w/ my email addy and the password from the shop. (<- this is included in the email as well)
Maybe you accidentally jumped over this step.

pumafred
Junior Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by pumafred » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:29 pm

electricfusion wrote: As the download speed deteriorated down to 17kB/s i closed all pages,cleaned cache and started from scratch.
Did doing that speed up your download?? :?:
Cubase Pro 10 | Windows 10 Pro 16gb i7-3770 64-bit | RME Fireface UCX | Nektar Panorama P1 | Akai Pro Advance 49 | Other Steinberg products: Halion 6

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:38 pm

bluzkat wrote:Hedshaker,

There were two downloads, one for the Cubase update, then the HSSE content link was just below that.
Thanks. I think this is where I've gone wrong. I need the HALion_Sonic_SE_2_Installer_win.zip file.

If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful

Cheers
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:42 pm

pumafred wrote:
Did doing that speed up your download?? :?:
Downloading the HSSE content at around 650kB/s now.
So i guess yes.
Could be damn luck as well.

Hope C 7.5 will download w/ the same pace.
Knock on head..er...wood ;)

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:47 pm

electricfusion wrote:
pumafred wrote:
Did doing that speed up your download?? :?:
Downloading the HSSE content at around 650kB/s now.
So i guess yes.
Could be damn luck as well.

Hope C 7.5 will download w/ the same pace.
Knock on head..er...wood ;)
Do you have a link to the download page? Or is that not going to work?
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Hedshaker wrote: Do you have a link to the download page? Or is that not going to work?
Try that https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/depot?

Hm,odd...as i clicked on the Win HSSE content,i got the message that my browser can´t open the page.

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 pm

electricfusion wrote:
Hedshaker wrote: Do you have a link to the download page? Or is that not going to work?
Try that https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/depot?

Hm,odd...as i clicked on the Win HSSE content,i got the message that my browser can´t open the page.
Thanks. I was first asked to log in, which I did and then got the following message:

My Downloads

You currently have no downloads available.

So looks like I'm screwed until Steinberg sort it out, how ever long that will take. My own fault for not properly following the instructions. So frustrating though.
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
electricfusion
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by electricfusion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Hedshaker wrote: Thanks. I was first asked to log in, which I did and then got the following message:

My Downloads

You currently have no downloads available.

So looks like I'm screwed until Steinberg sort it out, how ever long that will take. My own fault for not properly following the instructions. So frustrating though.
Doh.Hope it´ll get sorted quickly!

Octouser
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Octouser » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Hedshaker wrote:Is anyone else not seeing the new Trip synth in Halion Sonic SE 2?

Halion Sonic SE 2 loads Ok and the content is there, including my Dark Planet, but no
Trip. I read in another thread there are two downloads. One for Cubase and one for Halion SE 2 content. Is that right?

I only did one download and now can't get back to that download page.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Hello.
At the end of the default program name i.e. "First Contact" there's a little "down arrow". Click on that and you'll get a new small "media bay" window. One of the library names is "HALion Sonic SE Trip"... (Make sure it says "Library name" in the first column in the Filter window. If you can't see the Filter window then set it up by clicking the small icon in the lower left corner and tick in "Filter".) Hope you'll find it!
Attachments
Trip.jpg
The small "media bay" window
(90.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Octouser wrote:
Hedshaker wrote:Is anyone else not seeing the new Trip synth in Halion Sonic SE 2?

Halion Sonic SE 2 loads Ok and the content is there, including my Dark Planet, but no
Trip. I read in another thread there are two downloads. One for Cubase and one for Halion SE 2 content. Is that right?

I only did one download and now can't get back to that download page.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Hello.
At the end of the default program name i.e. "First Contact" there's a little "down arrow". Click on that and you'll get a new small "media bay" window. One of the library names is "HALion Sonic SE Trip"... (Make sure it says "Library name" in the first column in the Filter window. If you can't see the Filter window then set it up by clicking the small icon in the lower left corner and tick in "Filter".) Hope you'll find it!
Thanks. Will check that out now :thumbsup:
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks again but this doesn't work, see attachment.

I'm sure now it's because I didn't download the second file. The only problem is, when I try to get back to the download page and get it I get the following message:

My Downloads
You currently have no downloads available.

Which is odd since, if I didn't download it the first time it should still be available.
Attachments
No Trip.jpg
(82.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

User avatar
Hedshaker
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 "Trip"

Post by Hedshaker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Ok, found this link in another thread:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... se_75.html

Downloading now......
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 10.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bbigmusic, chrisskold, paul tronic and 9 guests