automation vanished!

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
pq

automation vanished!

Post by pq »

hello folks,
in cubase 4.5 i unloaded an vst and when i reloaded the same vst a couple of days later the automation on the track was no longer there.this does not make sense as the track was not altered in any way.can anybody tell me what i am missing or where the automation might be stored.
thanks in advance. paul.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: automation vanished!

Post by thinkingcap »

pq wrote:hello folks,
in cubase 4.5 i unloaded an vst and when i reloaded the same vst a couple of days later the automation on the track was no longer there.this does not make sense as the track was not altered in any way.can anybody tell me what i am missing or where the automation might be stored.
thanks in advance. paul.
Unloading an instrument will also "unload" automation tracks which are tied to one of the VSTi´s parameters.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

pq

Post by pq »

thinkingcap wrote:
thanks in advance. paul.
Unloading an instrument will also "unload" automation tracks which are tied to one of the VSTi´s parameters.

thanks thinkingcap,
does that mean it is totally lost and i may forget it or is it stored somewhere?

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

pq wrote:
thinkingcap wrote:
thanks in advance. paul.

thanks thinkingcap,
does that mean it is totally lost and i may forget it or is it stored somewhere?
I' d say it is gone, unless you have an earlier project backup with the automation still available.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

pq

Post by pq »

yes i have an earlier version.how do i transfer it from the old version to the new?do i just import the midi file to the new and it follows?

pq

Post by pq »

solved. :D

Return to “Older Cubase versions”