Installation question

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Installation question

Post by MattiasNYC »

So I've "activated" my upgrade license (from v4 to v5.x) and installed NEK. The current version installed on my laptop and desktop of the main application is Nuendo trial version (v5).

Now during start of Nuendo it asks if I want to upgrade my license from trial. I enter the license again and it's a valid license but it won't allow me to update the dongle because it already has the correct v5 license...!

Uh, what?

Do I have to uninstall v5 trial and then reinstall the "correct" version or something?
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Bifop

Re: Installation question

Post by Bifop »

What if you select your Nuendo 5 trial license in the eLicenser Control Center and enter your new (full version) activation license code (under action menu) ?

I can't see no way of removing the license from the USB key otherwise.
Personal setup : Nuendo 10 on ASUS PRIME Z270-A -I7 7700K - Win10 pro 64bits- SSD - 4 x LCD screens + 40" on Blackmagic intensity. Steinberg UR824 + MR816 - 2 X Avid Artist Mix + Artist control + Euphonix transport. LCR Focal Twin.

Nuage 32 faders on Mac Pro 12 cores. 5.1 Focal twin. Ssl Xlogic Alpha link Madi at workplace.

Post by Guest »

I checked your USB-eLicenser and the Nuendo 5.5 license is already on the eLicenser. It wouldn't help to remove the Nuendo installation as the trial content is bascially the same. Could you send me a screenshot of the dialogue you get as a private message?

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

I got it sorted out, thanks.

It's a bit confusing when you buy a product, get the code, input the code, code is accepted, software then asks for a license. So then you have to contact support or forum to get a new code. That's a bit confusing.

But all sorted now.
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Post by Guest »

Good to know!

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”