Hypnotic Dance step modulator

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
casemundy

Hypnotic Dance step modulator

Post by casemundy »

Is there a way to tell the step modulator what parameter to modulate? at the moment i can only make it modulate pitch, regardless of which preset I select from the dropdown (seems "cutoff 1" should modulate the cutoff frequency)
Peace,

Case

2011 iMac, 3.4 GHz Quad Core i7, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM

2011 Macbook Air, 2.0 GHz Dual Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

Cubase 8.0.2, Wavelab 8.5.1, Hypnotic Dance, Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Pro Tools 12 (Native)

Waves Gold v9, Waves Studio Classics v9, Waves Vocal Rider v9, Soundtoys Native Bundle, Soundtoys Devil Loc, Soundtoys Little Radiator, Soundtoys Little Microshift, Izotope RX3, Izotope Ozone 5, Autotune 7 Live, Autotune 7 64 bit, AVOX 4, Melodyne Editor, UAD (Neve 1073, bx_tuner, LA-2A, Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, Lexicon 224, Studer A800, Fatso Jr, Little Labs IBP, Moog Filter, Transient Designer, Roland CE-1, 1176, Pultec, CS-1)

Reason 8, Propellerhead Pulsar Rack Extension, Viking Rack Extension, Repeat Looper Rack Extension, AudioMatic Retero Transformer

Matthias Quellmann

Re: Hypnotic Dance step modulator

Post by Matthias Quellmann »

Hi,

When you deactive the "show macro page" option you are able to edit the the modulation matrix and choose which parameter to be modulated in the step modulator.

Cheers,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

crofter

Post by crofter »

I have no such button with Halion sonic SE, is this only available with Halion Sonic full version?

casemundy

Post by casemundy »

I'm with you crofter. I don't have this option. Is it in the "options" menu within the plugin's GUI?
Peace,

Case

2011 iMac, 3.4 GHz Quad Core i7, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM

2011 Macbook Air, 2.0 GHz Dual Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

Cubase 8.0.2, Wavelab 8.5.1, Hypnotic Dance, Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Pro Tools 12 (Native)

Waves Gold v9, Waves Studio Classics v9, Waves Vocal Rider v9, Soundtoys Native Bundle, Soundtoys Devil Loc, Soundtoys Little Radiator, Soundtoys Little Microshift, Izotope RX3, Izotope Ozone 5, Autotune 7 Live, Autotune 7 64 bit, AVOX 4, Melodyne Editor, UAD (Neve 1073, bx_tuner, LA-2A, Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, Lexicon 224, Studer A800, Fatso Jr, Little Labs IBP, Moog Filter, Transient Designer, Roland CE-1, 1176, Pultec, CS-1)

Reason 8, Propellerhead Pulsar Rack Extension, Viking Rack Extension, Repeat Looper Rack Extension, AudioMatic Retero Transformer

crofter

Post by crofter »

I only found it in the Hypnotic dance user manual when I clicked on the ? on the macro page but I don't have the option.

Dave Wise

Post by Dave Wise »

I couldn't find assigning / changing pitch or cutoff in HALion Sonic SE
(Although it might be there somewhere)

But it's definitely there in the full version of HALion Sonic.

See attached: macro button circled, and the step mod is available via the MATRIX button.
Set the source/modifier to the step modulator, and the destination can be pitch, cutoff or anything else you want to modulate.

I really like HALion Sonic (so much that I've just got HALion-4). The synth is really solid and the Hypnotic Dance set does exactly what it says, very conveniently. It certainly opens up the modulation capabilities available.
Attachments
step-mod.jpg
(104.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet

MGenesisDance

Post by MGenesisDance »

I found that you have to use automation to do those sort of effects. Cutoff, Resonance and other properties can be edited that way.

Not quite as simple as modulation but it should do what you need :)

Hope this helps! :D

Howifeel

Post by Howifeel »

Matthias, can you ellaborate? I own a full version of Halion 4 and cannot find what you are describing.

Howifeel

Post by Howifeel »

Never mind. The step modulator can only be used via the matrix modulation settings.

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”