Organizing / Reordering Busses in Audio Connections

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
morganzw

Organizing / Reordering Busses in Audio Connections

Post by morganzw »

I'm new to cubase and one thing I can't seem to find an answer to is if you can change the order of the busses (inputs and outputs) in the Audio Connections dialog. I've set up several templates carefully inputting all my inputs and outs for my setup (UAD Apollo with additional 8 ADAT ins and outs). When I load the preset in a new project or if I load a project template, the busses appear in a completely random order from what I had made. This is highly annoying when trying to set up a bunch of audio tracks and trying to route them quickly. Is there a way to re-order things so that they follow a natural logic (Apollo 1-8, ADAT 1-8, Virtual 1-4, etc...)?

I've looked through the manual and on the forums here, but it seems like maybe it can't be done?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Organizing / Reordering Busses in Audio Connections

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately you can't change the buses order in the Audio Connections.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Juice

Post by Juice »

+1
I've been a longtime Nuendo & Cubase user. This has been a long time request. The entire Audio connections is ancient and completely nonsensical. Horrible work flow. When creating a new preset you should be able to reorganize, select the device port when naming the bus, being able to create assign and name as many bus' as you need. Instead you have to go one by one naming and assigning a device port. The ability to Modify presets would also be great. . arrg so brutal, very clumsy. Too much mouse clicking. Too many issues to list here.
Pease Steinberg work flow is paramount!
Julius
Nuendo 10
Nuendo user since 1.4
Cubase 3
Mac OSX 10.12.6, 48GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Antelope Orion 32+
RND 5088 32 Channel Console

AMPAGE

Post by AMPAGE »

This IS a bit of a pain, yes. What I have to do is make sure I choose my saved settings first from the drop down, then make changes, then save. Or I make the changes, hit save, make sure I remember what ti is called, hit save and overwrite.

I agree, this section could definitely get some improvement!
Cubase Pro 10.5.20.179 - Ryzen 3900x - 32GB DDR4 - Windows 10 - RME Fireface 400 - DYNAUDIO BM6A Mkii - Dynaudio BM5 MkIII - Kemper Rack - Neve RNDI - Focusrite ISA One - Mogami Cable - Guitar Addict

artmanjam

Post by artmanjam »

I agree, this window is totally outdated.

Furthermore, even when re-ordering everything in a clean and logical way, Cubase changes the order itself when opening a new project or anything else. No way to have it working as it should...
Cubase Pro9/MIRpro - W7-64bit - 2xXeon E5 2650v2 - 32GoRAM
VEpro6 - W7-64bit - 2xXeon E5520 - 48GoRAM

Scottfafalconberry

Post by Scottfafalconberry »

As a new user to cubase, I found several items that seemed wierd, one if which is bus creation. Using the studio set-up kind of makes sense for external outputs, but I should be able to create internal busses by right clicking on the Mixer page at least. Cubase, while powerful, has me staring at the sceen helplessly more than any other DAW I have used. I hope Cubase 11 helps with this.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

You can add internal buses/Channels from the MixConsole or Project window. Which one do you refer to?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “General”