Any S6 Users over here?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Keyplayer

Any S6 Users over here?

Post by Keyplayer »

I asked this question on the S6 Forum over at Avid and got no response. So, I thought I'd try it from this angle.

If any of you are using an Avid S6 as your controller/desk, I would be really interested in how well your S6 works with Nuendo/Cubase.

I can't imagine that you guys would have that crashing issue that keeps occurring with the regular Avid Control app. Are there any limitations using it with SB products? Are there things you can ONLY DO IN PT (like VCA Spill) that won't cross over to Nuendo? What mad you choose the S6 over a Nuage Controller? Are you swapping between lots of DAWs (PT, Nuendo, Logic, DP, etc.)? Have any of you had experience on both the S6 and Nuage? How would you say that they compare?

I would be really interested in any insight you'r dare to offer.

Thanks! :D
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i9 - 9900K CPU @ 3.60 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

kostal

Re: Any S6 Users over here?

Post by kostal »

S3 user here. Eucon is great with Cubase and Nuendo. There are some weird issues like hidden tracks not being reflected on the control surface, etc. PT Control App works with Cubase and Nuendo, but works better with Pro Tools.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, Wavelab, Halion, Groove Agent // MacOS

Marc145

Post by Marc145 »

I'm S3 user too and I could agree more with kostal's answer.
Work in silence, let's the result make the noise.

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer »

Any S6 Users?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i9 - 9900K CPU @ 3.60 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer »

I am amazed at how difficult it's been to get an answer to this question! :o

Eucon for S4/S6 IS NOT THE SAME as it is for S3/S1/Artist Series. THAT'S why I'm asking. I can't believe that, at this price point, it would have the same issues that we'r having to put up with. But I can't know for sure until someone who's working on it answers the question. Are all the S6 users only using PT?

nakedhoof

Post by nakedhoof »

I sued to have an A6, but now just the A4. It would be nice to have an A6, but I'd probably rather get as RS5.
Cubase 10.5 Dual Xeon 4208 128 GB RAM 10 TB SSD + HDD Dell 3007 WFP 30" + Neovo 28"
Argosy Halo K88 Workstation, Event PS8 Monitors, PreSonus ADL 700 Tube Channel w/matched NOS Tubes, Warm Audio WA-2A & EQP-WA
Various Tube, Ribbon & Solid State Condenser Mics
Ibanez, Gretsch, Takamine, Epiphone etc. Guitars & Basses
Fishman TriplePlay MIDI Guitar Controller, Line6 Helix Stomp HX, Bugera 22W Tube Amp
Kontrol S61, M-Audio Hammer88
Alesis Surge Drum Kit w/extra triggers, various percussion instruments
UA Apollo Firewire + UAD USB Quad, PreSonus 1810c
Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist, Keyboardist, Percussionist, Producer, Composer, Mean Old Man
http://www.giantsofcolossus.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNqf5u ... w78Npr6UGw

"Music theory is what the uninspired use to decipher the work of genius" - Lord Snarebottom
"Dreams should never be reduced in potency by subjecting them to reality" - Lord Snarebottom

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”