Reselling questions

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Reselling questions

Post by jaslan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 am

I have gone through the Resale Wizard and still have a couple of questions.

First..
Say you got a discount on a product because you were an owner of another product.
For example, owners of VST 1 could "upgrade" to a full HALion 5 license for $99.
The HALion 5 license, as it shows on the eLicenser, is a full, unlimited license.
Can I resell it, in accordance will the resell terms?
I have verified, by putting the license on a dongle by itself, that it will open and run HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2.
I am fairly certain this license can be transferred but would like to make sure so a new owner doesn't run into trouble trying to use it or register it.
Another example would be a HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Set license which was available for $99 to Cubase 6 owners...

Second..
The Resale Wizard talks about providing install media to the new owner. As far as I can tell HALion 5 and HSO VST Sound Set are both available to download to anyone. So can I just direct the new owner there?

Last..
As far as I can tell, the license has to be transferred to the new owner on a physical dongle. I just want to make sure there isn't a way that I missed to transfer the license electronically through My Steinberg accounts in such case as the new owner already has a dongle and an account, etc.

Thanks for the help.
J.L.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: Reselling questions

Post by -steve- » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:52 am

jaslan wrote:I have gone through the Resale Wizard and still have a couple of questions.

First..
Say you got a discount on a product because you were an owner of another product.
For example, owners of VST 1 could "upgrade" to a full HALion 5 license for $99.
The HALion 5 license, as it shows on the eLicenser, is a full, unlimited license.
Then it is.
jaslan wrote:Second..
The Resale Wizard talks about providing install media to the new owner. As far as I can tell HALion 5 and HSO VST Sound Set are both available to download to anyone. So can I just direct the new owner there?
Everyone with a given license sees the same thing in their mysteinberg account.
Last..
As far as I can tell, the license has to be transferred to the new owner on a physical dongle. I just want to make sure there isn't a way that I missed to transfer the license electronically through My Steinberg accounts in such case as the new owner already has a dongle and an account, etc.
You didn't miss anything! (assuming nothing is broken) ;)
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:18 am

SteveInChicago wrote:
jaslan wrote:Second..
Everyone with a given license sees the same thing in their mysteinberg account.
Actually, for this part I was referring to the Downloads section of the Support webpage, not in MySteinberg.
HALion 5 and HSO don't show up in MySteinberg for me. Only Cubase shows up there currently.
I assumed it was because the HALion 5 installer and HSO installers are available in the Support Downloads was why they don't appear in MySteinberg.

I guess either way, the new owner could download from the Support Downloads page OR install eLCC, create a MySteinberg account, register the dongle and licenses, and then download.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:35 am

You know more than I.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks for the replies.
SoundCloud

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”