VST install

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
drummerdave18

VST install

Post by drummerdave18 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Trying to install trial to Treibwerk, once I unzip and go through install process, vst does not show up in cubase. using artist 8 by the way. Also, i looked at the path of the install and can't seem to find the vst, as if it never installed in the first place. Any suggestions?

NathanBros

Re: VST install

Post by NathanBros » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Carefully check the folder where it's supposed to be installed during the setup process, then verify if it's correctly copied and on a VST folder.
"Interested in time travel? Meet here last Thursday, 7 pm."
Checkout my Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario Bros.

drummerdave18

Post by drummerdave18 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 pm

OK, have now been on the phone with tech support, the guy was not able to help despite his best efforts. I now have a version of cubase artist 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5 none of which will recognize the downloaded VSTs treibwerk or dark planet. Now wondering if I need to update my mac os from 10.8.5 to something more recent but don't want to ruin my otherwise smooth running setup.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:30 pm

I believe these won't show as seperate vsts. Look in your Halion vst for the sounds. I'm not 100% sure for TW but thats how it works for DP.

Edit... I checked the spec for TB and it does say you need a vst host. So, check in Halion.

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.10, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”