Questions about CI1

This section is about Steinberg's USB audio interfaces CI1, CI2 and CI2+
chrodos

Questions about CI1

Post by chrodos » Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a ci1 and i have some questions.
1) can i use it with skype?
2) can i connect 2 mics or line out xlr cables and get the sound of both mics (some sort of mixing sound)?
3) Can i connect both balanced and unbalance lineout on the 2 inputs?

Any help will be appreciated.

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Re: Questions about CI1

Post by Elektrobolt » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

chrodos wrote:1) can i use it with skype?
2) can i connect 2 mics or line out xlr cables and get the sound of both mics (some sort of mixing sound)?
3) Can i connect both balanced and unbalance lineout on the 2 inputs?
1. Yes, it can be used with any Windows application.
The interface can also be set as the Windows default audio device. (Control Panel > Sound)
2. Yes, or say one microphone and one guitar, or even a stereo source.
3. Yes.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

chrodos

Post by chrodos » Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 am

Thank you very much for answering . What i have in mind is to connect 1 lineout from an amplifier (2 mics connected on that) and 1 xlr lineout from a wireless mic system (2 mics on that). Combined sound from all sources (4) should be transmitted through skype. Will i be able to do that?

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt » Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm

chrodos wrote:Thank you very much for answering . What i have in mind is to connect 1 lineout from an amplifier (2 mics connected on that) and 1 xlr lineout from a wireless mic system (2 mics on that). Combined sound from all sources (4) should be transmitted through skype. Will i be able to do that?
Not having used this setup, I see no reason why this should not be possible.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Return to “Steinberg CI Series”