CL1 audio breaking up/stalling

This section is about Steinberg's USB audio interfaces CI1, CI2 and CI2+
rutgeranton

CL1 audio breaking up/stalling

Post by rutgeranton » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey there,

I've been struggling with this for over a year now so I really hope someone could help me out on this.

Everytime I want to view a video on youtube or listen to a song, the audio keeps dropping. It sounds like the input stops receiving a signal from my computer. The problem only occurs on sites as Youtube, luckiliy not with my daw's.

As you can understand it's really frustrating and I've tried all sorts of things, installing a video accelerator, reinstalling drivers, using different usb ports, mess around with the settings of my Cl1 but nothing seems to work.

If anyone could help me out on this one I would be greatly thankfull!

anthonywilliam

Re: CL1 audio breaking up/stalling

Post by anthonywilliam » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:59 pm

I have been having the same problem but only since Nov '2011 I think it is because there is not enough power getting to the unit. When I use a different interface the problem is resolved. I got the same 'clipping when using headphones direct from the PC with the CI 1 plugged in, as soon as it was unplugged the clipping disappeared. I shall be trying the CI1 on a powered USB hub to see if this fixes the problem as I want to use the CI 1. I'll let you know the outcome. I notice that others have the same problem and a powered hub fixed it for one of them.

anthonywilliam

Post by anthonywilliam » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Have reinstalled the CI 1 via a Belkin F5U237 powered HUB and on initial tests have had no drop outs. It would appear that the CI 1 draws too much power from MOBO mounted USB ports which is causing the drop outs, it must be quite high as I only have a wireless K'Bd & Mouse off USB

ds

Post by ds » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Maybe it is a bad behaving driver.
Some use their high priority to block other processes.
Try www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
to check your system.
I resolved the problem by changing graphics driver.
Device manager - update driver - let me choose - standard vga driver.
I hope the dedicated graphics driver will get an update.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm

This is CLEARLY the video card. Yes really. If you have a Radeon or ATI card disable it and see if the problem goes away. I bet it will. I had this same exact issue. I got the best powered used hub you can buy that ties into the PCIe bus. I disable every non essential service. Turn of all networking and bluetooth. It still was glitchy till I disabled my ATI card and now it works flawlessly but look HORRID!!! Just try disabling it and see what happens.

Bane

Post by Bane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Could be. Don't just disable, update if possible. The updated video card should be more efficient.
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud

vega1

Post by vega1 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:57 am

Hi, this is/was my problem, too. It seems I solved it a little around.
Open Cubase then Device then Device Setup, VST Audio Sysytem then turn on Release Driver when Application is in the background and also turn on Activate Steinberg Audio Power Scheme.
Having Cubase working in background you can run any type of audio/video formats. The disadvantage is you have to remember to open the Cubase first / I use the Cubase 6.5/. Tadeusz

Return to “Steinberg CI Series”