Two pre-sale CC121 questions (relating to the channel settings window and using it alongside a EUCON controller)

All about Steinberg's Advanced Integration Controller CC121.
seahawk

Two pre-sale CC121 questions (relating to the channel settings window and using it alongside a EUCON controller)

Post by seahawk »

Hi guys. I am thinking about getting the CC121 and would love to know two things:

* I plan to use the CC121 mainly on MIDI tracks routed to multi-output VST track instruments (Kontakt). To control both the MIDI volume of the MIDI track, plus to control channel settings of the MIDI channel's corresponding VST output channel (volume, eq, sends). I would like to know this: When I press the 'e' button at the bottom of the inspector for a MIDI track (Edit instrument channel settings), this opens the channel settings window for the corresponding VST output channel. Does the CC121 automatically pick up the right fader, EQ, sends etc. for that channel settings window or do I have to click on the channel/fader on the right first before the CC121 picks up that VST output channel (thereby unselecting the MIDI track I'm working on in the project window)?

* I use and Avid Artist Mix (EUCON) exclusively for track quick controls. Will the CC121 work alongside the EUCON controller or will the two not get along?

Thanks so muck for any help on this.

Denis van der Velde

Re: Two pre-sale CC121 questions (relating to the channel settings window and using it alongside a EUCON controller)

Post by Denis van der Velde »

In Cubase the cc121 is maybe one of the best nearby controllers that fit next to your keyboard, it is small and handy. It controls all you can thinks of in cubase. But if plugins do not support it, you can use midi learn on them. But the plugins must support that.
For me the CC121 will go along any controller. And even saves the need for an extra controller.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

Denis van der Velde

Re: Two pre-sale CC121 questions (relating to the channel settings window and using it alongside a EUCON controller)

Post by Denis van der Velde »

Denis van der Velde wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:42 am
In Cubase the cc121 is maybe one of the best nearby controllers that fit next to your keyboard, it is small and handy. It controls all you can thinks of in cubase. But if plugins do not support it, you can use midi learn on them. But the plugins must support that.
For me the CC121 will go along any controller. And even saves the need for an extra controller.
Also the support for wavelab is not so great CC121, but works ok.
I quess the more you go fom steinberg software you go into midi learn and programming midi for it.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Thanks for your thoughts, Dennis. So do you use it alongside a EUCON controller?

Return to “Steinberg CC121”