Change MIDI channel for project track using CC121 button

All about Steinberg's Advanced Integration Controller CC121.
Ralf Gabriel

Change MIDI channel for project track using CC121 button

Post by Ralf Gabriel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi,

I need to be able to change the MIDI input channel for one of the tracks in my project while playing. The purpose of this is: I am using Vienna Instrument for a live performance, in one piece I start with a strings section and I need to add a horns section without interrupting the performance.

Is there a way to configure one of the CC121 buttons for this task?

Kind regards!

Ralf Gabriel

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Re: Change MIDI channel for project track using CC121 button

Post by Elektrobolt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:50 am

Did you try selecting Category="MIDI" and Command="Toggle MIDI Input" for one of the Buttons under "User Commands" in the Device Setup for the CC121?
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

skillet

Re: Change MIDI channel for project track using CC121 button

Post by skillet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Elektrobolt wrote:Did you try selecting Category="MIDI" and Command="Toggle MIDI Input" for one of the Buttons under "User Commands" in the Device Setup for the CC121?
I don't have a CC121 but would like to somehow change the MIDI channel via key command if possible. "Toggle MIDI Input" doesn't seem to do anything for me and I have several MIDI inputs. I don't see what would be toggled. I have tried this keyboard shortcut in the Project window and in the mixer, with it assigned to a key on the MCU (Mackie Control Universal) and as a shortcut.

This seems to be the only post about that command on this forum. What is it suppose to do?
OSX Version 10.11.6 | Mac Pro (Late 2013) | Processor: 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 | Memory: 32 GB 1866 Mhz DDR3 ECC

Cubase 9.0.20 | Nuendo 7.1.30 + Expansion Kit | Pro Tools 12.8 | Logic 10.3 | Digital Performer 8.0.7 | Ableton Live 9.7

Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44 | MIDI Interface:MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV; MIDIMan 1x1 | MIDI Keyboard: M-Audio Venom Keyboard, Roland A-33; Kork Nano Key | Control Surface: MCU (Mackie Control Universal); Korg Nano Kontrol; PreSonus FaderPort; Shuttle Pro 2

Return to “Steinberg CC121”