trying again: is this possible in wavelab?

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.
mbira

trying again: is this possible in wavelab?

Post by mbira » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 am

I'm trying to create loops that need to be a specific length and I need to get rid of the click that can happen if a loop isn't looping at a zero crossing point.

I am not having any luck with Loop Tweaker and I'm not seeing any tutorials that show how to use it.

As an experiment here's what I'm trying to do:

Create a 5 second long sine wave using signal generator.
Make sure that snap to zero-crossing is turned off and then cut a little bit of the last cycle so that you have a sine wave that doesn't end on a zero crossing.
Now select the whole signal and create loop markers from selection.
Now if I go to the Loop Tweaker you can see that the zero crossing points don't equal each other.

What I want to do is do some sort of processing that will get rid of any click that this loop will create WITHOUT changing the length of the loop. If I use the arrow in Loop Tweaker it changes the length of the loop.

I hope my question is clear! Basically, I'm just trying to get rid of clicks when loops repeat without changing the length of those loops!
Cubase Pro - usually the latest version | Cubase Elements (because of the damn dongle) | Wavelab Pro | Dorico 2 Pro | Halion 6 | Laptop: Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 G RAM, OS 10.10| Studio computer: 2012 12 core Mac Pro Tower 64 G RAM | PC Slave i7 8920 running VEP6 | Apollo 16 Firewire

Arjan P

Re: trying again: is this possible in wavelab?

Post by Arjan P » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 am

mbira wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 am
Create a 5 second long sine wave using signal generator. Make sure that snap to zero-crossing is turned off and then cut a little bit of the last cycle so that you have a sine wave that doesn't end on a zero crossing.
With this requirement (no change in loop length) the only thing you can do in such a case is create a short fade - either draw it in yourself with the pen tool or select a short segment and execute a fade.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

lifeguardlloyd

Re: trying again: is this possible in wavelab?

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Arjan P wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 am
mbira wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 am
Create a 5 second long sine wave using signal generator. Make sure that snap to zero-crossing is turned off and then cut a little bit of the last cycle so that you have a sine wave that doesn't end on a zero crossing.
With this requirement (no change in loop length) the only thing you can do in such a case is create a short fade - either draw it in yourself with the pen tool or select a short segment and execute a fade.
I have done just that with success and I have also zoomed in and added silence to the offending sample; clip retains length in both cases and drop-out is fixed.
LP
| Win 10 64 pro | Cubase 10 | WaveLab 10 | Fireface 400 | (laptop has ur44) | MSIX99A Raider | Core i7 | 32 gigs of ram | GTX 770 |

Return to “WaveLab Pro 10 | WaveLab Elements 10”