WLpossible?: export audio and video in a mp4 or avi file?

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.
Dup

WLpossible?: export audio and video in a mp4 or avi file?

Post by Dup » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello
I looked at the new features of WL10 but not clear for me: If I have for example two track of video and two or more audio tracks in the montage, can i save it (export) as one file video file like mp4,avi,mov ..etc...or still need external program like Adobe premier or after effects to to this?
Best regards
Siup

PG

Re: WLpossible?: export audio and video in a mp4 or avi file?

Post by PG » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:32 pm

WaveLab 10.0 does not allow yet to recreate a video file with the edited audio.
Hence you still need an external program like Adobe.
Philippe

Grundman

Post by Grundman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 pm

If you wish this kind of features you need to use an NLE like Vegas Pro. In my humble opinon better than Premiere and with full support of ARA applications like Spectralayers and VST3 plugins but keep on mind that you will need to use Wavelab Pro for audio edition

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 pm

I use Vegas Pro Edit in exactly this way .... WaveLab is configured as the external audio editor in Vegas -- Preferences/Audio tab/Preferred Audio Editor. Render the audio from WaveLab and construct the video in Vegas, which is designed for that task and very easy to use for people coming from the DAW world (in fact, Vegas was originally an audio-only DAW).
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

MarcusStaffel

Post by MarcusStaffel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:23 am

This could be done with Nuendo 10.2, but only a small variety of videoclips can be handled. A NLE can handle more.
Nuendo10, Cubase10, Dorico3, WaveLab10, Absolute4, Roli Seaboard, HB1 Breathcontroller

profdraper

Post by profdraper » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Speaking of which: I round-trip from DaVinci Resolve Studio to Nuendo regularly (ie, final mix & master of audio in Nuendo, then back to Resolve for final video render (vid file types /rez are far too limited in Nuendo, best to use the NLE here & will likely stay that way no doubt).

en route to Nuendo, Resolve usefully exports multi-track audio in (say) a .mov, then Nuendo imports this and places video and audio files on separate tracks, eg: music 1, music 2, wild camera, voice over, etc.

In WL 10, the video import feature does not do this, rather, only provides a single audio file (as per the main master bus vs. individual tracks). Would be useful to see this resolved. Much nice potential here for such round-tripping, but presently falls behind Nuendo in this and other respects. Nice start to re-thinking the Montage feature though. (interleaved surround audio, please).
PC: Dell T7910 dual Xeon, Win10Pro 1909, 64GB, Samsung SSDs & RAID. Displays: EVGA RTX 2080Ti, Blackmagic Decklink MiniMon 4k, Dell U3419W, BenQ SW2700PT. Audio: Thunderbolt 2, RME UFX+ & ADI-8, UAD-2 quad PCIe. MIDI: Presonus FaderPort 16, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, Ableton Push. Apps: Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab Pro 10, Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6, Ableton Live Suite 10.1, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1.

Dup

Post by Dup » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello,
Thanks to have answer to my thread...Hope that wavelab can do that that in the future because it seem to essential to do this in this kind of product. Cubase 10 pro neither do this !
Is there somebody here that can tell me if adobe audition do it?
best regards

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:37 pm

Grundman wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 pm
If you wish this kind of features you need to use an NLE like Vegas Pro. In my humble opinon better than Premiere and with full support of ARA applications like Spectralayers and VST3 plugins but keep on mind that you will need to use Wavelab Pro for audio edition
Curious. Have you worked in both Premiere and Vegas Pro? I get frustrated with Pr and would like to check out other editing suites. In which ways is Vegas better? Your opinion matters.
LP
| Win 10 64 pro | Cubase 10 | WaveLab 10 | Fireface 400 | (laptop has ur44) | MSIX99A Raider | Core i7 | 32 gigs of ram | GTX 770 |

Return to “WaveLab Pro 10 | WaveLab Elements 10”