Nuendo 10 on an Avid S6

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
Keyplayer

Re: Nuendo 10 on an Avid S6

Post by Keyplayer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:09 pm

miguelnunes wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 am

S3 + Dock here. The fader issues ( discrepancy's ) were resolved by Avid 1 year ago or so.
Im very happy with my purchase, 2 years ago I had the option to go with the S3 or the SSL Nucleus. Had the privilege to A/B both units and the Eucon Protocol won by far.
I do mostly Post for TV and gaming Sound Design.
The integration of the S3+Dock+iPad with Nuendo is pretty much a dream compared to an HUI or MCU based unit.
There is nothing you gain from an S6 or Nuage till the mixing stage, all the Post work before that final process is very well done with my setup, cue mixes to the booth; Editing Vocals; ADR; Etc...
Checking the new app layout today and surprise surprise! It got even better.
Question is, how long this "bug Free" working environment will last?
I have my own 5.1 + booth studio but I do freelance work for other venues. Coincidentally, I have the privilege to work both on a Nuage based studio and an S6 one. I can't comprehend why those 2 venues have such large "consoles", my main work there is Dialogue Editing and Re Recording stuff...
Anyways, back to the subject, I don't know how Steinberg/yamaha dropped the ball here, but they did! I even watched a mixing stage of a Full Blown Feature Film on an S6, believe me, most of you have watch that movie, but here's the catch: It was entirely mixed on Nuendo! with an S6!!!
Im a happy man with my setup, and Im a Nuendo guy, been there since V2, when they had RME hardware to go with it, but Avid is taking over the "controllers" world with this S1 releases.
Im still primarily a Nuendo user, but the bull they've been putting out lately?! Trying to merge Nuendo with Cubase and get both parts *knuf**d?
Makes me wonder if the claims of the lack of eucon SDKs by Steinberg from Avid, is a reality.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
Can you use the metering features on your S3 with Avid Control? Would you need 2 tablets to represent the 16 faders?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

SuperSteve

Post by SuperSteve » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:15 am

Interesting stuff Migel, thanks so much for sharing...:)

miguelnunes

Post by miguelnunes » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Keyplayer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:09 pm
miguelnunes wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 am

S3 + Dock here. The fader issues ( discrepancy's ) were resolved by Avid 1 year ago or so.
Im very happy with my purchase, 2 years ago I had the option to go with the S3 or the SSL Nucleus. Had the privilege to A/B both units and the Eucon Protocol won by far.
I do mostly Post for TV and gaming Sound Design.
The integration of the S3+Dock+iPad with Nuendo is pretty much a dream compared to an HUI or MCU based unit.
There is nothing you gain from an S6 or Nuage till the mixing stage, all the Post work before that final process is very well done with my setup, cue mixes to the booth; Editing Vocals; ADR; Etc...
Checking the new app layout today and surprise surprise! It got even better.
Question is, how long this "bug Free" working environment will last?
I have my own 5.1 + booth studio but I do freelance work for other venues. Coincidentally, I have the privilege to work both on a Nuage based studio and an S6 one. I can't comprehend why those 2 venues have such large "consoles", my main work there is Dialogue Editing and Re Recording stuff...
Anyways, back to the subject, I don't know how Steinberg/yamaha dropped the ball here, but they did! I even watched a mixing stage of a Full Blown Feature Film on an S6, believe me, most of you have watch that movie, but here's the catch: It was entirely mixed on Nuendo! with an S6!!!
Im a happy man with my setup, and Im a Nuendo guy, been there since V2, when they had RME hardware to go with it, but Avid is taking over the "controllers" world with this S1 releases.
Im still primarily a Nuendo user, but the bull they've been putting out lately?! Trying to merge Nuendo with Cubase and get both parts *knuf**d?
Makes me wonder if the claims of the lack of eucon SDKs by Steinberg from Avid, is a reality.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
Can you use the metering features on your S3 with Avid Control? Would you need 2 tablets to represent the 16 faders?
You can use the metering features, you need two tablets for 16 channels. You have the option of 4/6/8 channels in metering view.

misjavw

Post by misjavw » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:38 pm

How does the transport functionality of the dock respond? I am currently using a Mackie Control Pro and I love the transport buttons and especially the jog wheel. When I dial the jog in play mode the playhead cursor responds immediately without delay, and playback resumes directly when I stop dialing. Also when I press and hold FFW or REW button while playing the playhead scrolls immediately and when I release the button playback continues from the playhead position. Does the transport on the Dock respond like this as well?
www.audiochef.nl
Nuendo 10.2.0 / Wavelab 8.5 / Protools 12
MacPro 5.1 12Core 3.46GHz Intel Xeon/ 48GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.12.6
MOTU UltraLite MK3 / Mackie Control Pro / Mackie Control Extender
iPad / TouchOSC / PT Control

cyborgssc

Post by cyborgssc » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm

miguelnunes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm
Keyplayer wrote:

You can use the metering features, you need two tablets for 16 channels. You have the option of 4/6/8 channels in metering view.
My understanding is that you can't do that. With the S3, you can only have one Control app running. For the S1, you actually "bond" the various metering instances of the Control app to each S1 that you have. In addition, you can have a master Control instance that has full functionality. With the S3 (or Artist Mix, etc) you can only have the master Control app.

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 pm

cyborgssc wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm
miguelnunes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm
Keyplayer wrote:

My understanding is that you can't do that. With the S3, you can only have one Control app running. For the S1, you actually "bond" the various metering instances of the Control app to each S1 that you have. In addition, you can have a master Control instance that has full functionality. With the S3 (or Artist Mix, etc) you can only have the master Control app.

That's what I've heard on the Avid Forum. Still no word from any Cubase/Nuendo users regarding the Mixing Mirror issue. But based on the results of the Avid Control app, it doesn't look good. If hidden tracks in Nuendo fails to have those tracks hidden in the Avid Control software, there's no reason to think that adding the hardware will make any difference. ☹
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Return to “General”