Video suites - DaVinci Resolve 16

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
lifeguardlloyd

Video suites - DaVinci Resolve 16

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 am

Hello. Wondering if anyone uses DaVinci Resolve 16 for video editing, and your opinion on the suite. Any feedback is welcome.
LP
| Win 10 64 pro | Cubase 10 | WaveLab 10 | Fireface 400 | (laptop has ur44) | MSIX99A Raider | Core i7 | 32 gigs of ram | GTX 770 |

Iftekharul Anam

Re: Video suites - DaVinci Resolve 16

Post by Iftekharul Anam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 am

Hello there, I do use the free version. I find it amazing. Although, I am not sure what you mean by 'Suite'. All I know is that, there are two versions,

1. Davinci Resolve 16 Studio (300 USD)
2. Davinci Resolve 16 (Free)

The free version serves most if not all of my purposes so far.
YouTube | Spotify

Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Komplete 12 Ultimate
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 am

It looks like it won't burn a DVD. The export function seems limited.
| Win 10 64 pro | Cubase 10 | WaveLab 10 | Fireface 400 | (laptop has ur44) | MSIX99A Raider | Core i7 | 32 gigs of ram | GTX 770 |

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 am

I never tried that. I use it for YouTube videos mostly.
YouTube | Spotify

Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Komplete 12 Ultimate
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 am

lifeguardlloyd wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 am
It looks like it won't burn a DVD. The export function seems limited.
Well it's not really a DVD authoring software. What else are you looking for in the delivery page?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 am

It would be nice to send the audio to WaveLab. It would be nice to have more export options. I wonder how Vegas Pro stacks up.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:17 am

You mean round-trip the audio?

I'm not really sure why you'd want to round trip to Wavelab from Resolve, or maybe more accurately why just a regular export/import/export/import wouldn't do the job.

You might get more useful answers if you described what you want to achieve from the software - your overall goal. Resolve didn't start as a video editing software and its primary strength is still color work as far as I can see. It does editing quite well in addition to 3D compositing, audio work, and media management/transcoding. It's a very competent software, especially considering the price.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:34 am

I have been using Premiere Pro CS6. I don't like subscription software and looking for something similar. I did run the audio from my last video thru WL and got great results. Have you tried Vegas Pro?

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:02 pm

No I haven't Vegas.

What do you mean by "run the audio" "thru"? I'm trying to figure out exactly what you need to do so people can give you a good recommendation. It's a bit hard to understand (though I certainly need more coffee).

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

I rendered the last video to a DVD format which gave me two files: a video file and a stereo wav audio file. I opened up the audio file in WL and "mastered" it. Basically added a bit of compression and EQ on the entire track. I set the loudness to industry standard; sounded much better.
I am looking for a new good video editing suite that is somewhat like Premiere Pro but updated. I use CS6 which receives no updates or any real support. Vegas Pro looks promising. Thank you for your input.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Ok, but I'm not sure I understand what it is you want Resolve to export that you think it cannot export. If you're looking for actual authoring of a DVD then I'm not sure if Resolve does that, but if you're just looking to adjust loudness using various tools and then export a video file and a stereo wave file then Resolve can absolutely do that.

profdraper

Post by profdraper » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 pm

lifeguardlloyd wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 am
Hello. Wondering if anyone uses DaVinci Resolve 16 for video editing, and your opinion on the suite. Any feedback is welcome.
LP
I've been using DaVinci Resolve Studio consistently since v12, have been through the beta testing cycles of v14, 15 & 16 with Blackmagic ; now on the current version 16.1.1. It is certainly a very mature package now, not perfect by any means, though no packages are & certainly in the realm of NLEs. I've have also worked with Adobe Premier & Final Cut Pro X over many years as well.

Much of this thread seems to relate to Resolve's Delivery page (export) and that indeed has many, many options including to FCPX, Pro Tools, AAF, H264, YouTube, masering formats like Atom, etc. No, it does not include DVD burning, that is a far rarer consumer format these days; otherwise, it would be more usual to (say) make an Mp4 and distribute that via cloud, stick, whichever. If for TV or pro film industry, there are a zillion options there - and this *is* Resolve's background setting /expectation.

Resolve includes a sophisticated (though a little non-standard) DAW in its Fairlight page following the purchase of that company a few years ago. Fairlight offers far more in terms of audio production than any other NLE available in my view; most are toys.

Re. round tripping, this is precisely what I do with all of my projects, between Resolve Studio 16 and Nuendo 10. Workflow is usually something like:

Assemble, edit and produce all of the footage (say 1 hr doco format for example); Assemble and prepare all of the audio tracks, including voice-over, wild camera sound, SFX, music temp etc. Resolve 'can' produce this, but I still find that a bit clunky. Therefore my next step:
Render out (via delivery page) a suitable movie size /format & individual audio tracks in preparation for Nuendo. There are a number of ways to do this (personally, I find AAF a little unreliable). What I do is select a suitable video codec and size for Nuendo, then in the audio export component of this, each track can be individually selected, ie, this then becomes a multi-track audio /movie file.

Import in Nuendo then, it nicely puts the movie on its own track and extracts each of the audio tracks and places them on their own tracks as well (nice feature, Steinberg). Then do the usual DAW stuff, de-verb, de-noise, trim, finish or add music cues, etc.
Then bounce a final audio master & in my case, loudness Normalise to -16LUFS. At this point I could also fly it over to Wavelab if I wanted, but usually Nuendo is fine with the whole thing.
Then drop that audio master back into the Resolve Timeline, check, & render the whole thing out to the required delivery format;
I usually make this first render a high rez 'Master' format (say 1080p, 10bit, DNxHD in either an MFX of QT container); then can bounce this to other delivery formats as needed, eg, say MP4, YouTube, Vimeo etc. If DVD (rare) I use something like Ashampoo Burning Studio or Premier Elements.

I hope this helps. At some point, Resolve Fairlight is going to develop to the stage where round tripping is no longer necessary, but for now, that design remain a little odd and somewhat buggy in places, eg, Audio interface patching IO, no ASIO support, some odd editing processes by comparison to what we now expect in DAW 'conventions' such as found in ProTools, Nuendo etc.

PS
My main gripe is that Nuendo still does not support high end GPUs properly; I 'still' get laggy screen update behaviour that is apparently related to Nvidia drivers, in this case, the latest Studio drivers for an RTX 2080Ti. And so these two fields of audio and film production remain a little 'incompatible' in some respects: the NLE requires a chunky GPU, in many cases, multiple GPUs for render and overall compute purposes; without a significant investment in a high end GPU, the NLE can easily go nowhere or at least be very slow; conversely than same high end GPU scenario can bring quite some frustration to DAW operation and where those GPU expectations tend to be very minimal and certainly outdated. In 2019, a DAW should be able to easily co-exist with these modern GPUs. Alas, after much research and many attempts at recommended fixes (usually via messing with Nivida's control panel, G-Sync, V-Sync, whichever) - Nuendo still has this annoying screen update pause every few minutes of so. I *do* wish they'd fix this. I can also confirm that this behaviour does not exist with Pro Tools or Digital Performer.
MacPro 7,1 Catalina 10.15.2. 16 core, 2TB, 192GB, Vega II 32GB. OWC Thunderbay 6, RME UFX+, UAD-2 quad PCIe, BlackMagic Decklink MiniMon 4k, Sonnet M.2 4x4. Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT. Presonus FaderPort 16, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, Ableton Push. Nuendo 10, Wavelab 10, Logic, Ableton Live. FinalCutPro, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.

uarte

Post by uarte » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm

DaVinci Resolve Studio is excellent, well worth the cost, I far prefer it to Adobe Premiere and Final Cut.

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Great info! Has anyone here used Vegas Pro?

McSound

Post by McSound » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 pm

uarte wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm
DaVinci Resolve Studio is excellent, well worth the cost, I far prefer it to Adobe Premiere and Final Cut.
+1! I worked for a long time in Premiere, but Davinci is much better!
Nuendo 10 , Samplitude ProX4, Win 10x64 pro, i9900k, 32Gb, 512m2SSD, Gigabyte RTX2080Super , Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 2 FullHD monitors, 1 TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

uarte

Post by uarte » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:49 am

lifeguardlloyd wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 pm
Great info! Has anyone here used Vegas Pro?
Yes, used Vegas Pro extensively in addition to Premiere, Final Cut and most others on the market. A good friend of mine convinced me to try Resolve and I am happy I did. While I still have to use Premiere for some clients, I have been transitioning everything I can over to Resolve slowly but surely. I now trust it that much to basically dump Premiere.

TBH though, it really all depends on what you want and need to do. I should have qualified my prior statements that just like with DAWs, everyone will have their own preferences and needs. I do media production and film (and post production) here, and each app has its strengths, and in the end, you can get great results from all of them. The only real limiting factor for many projects is really just the USER. :-) We live in an amazing time with so many great tools. So if you have a bunch of colleagues that use one specific app, then that's a big advantage to go along with what they're using, for example. However, if you are flying mostly solo, I would objectively lean towards Resolve based on my experience so far compared to all the others. Resolve is, at least as of 15 and 16, very impressive and *extremely* powerful overall. And *subjectively* I am very relieved to be using it now compared to my long unhappy marriage to Premiere.

Having said all that, Vegas Pro is the least "pro" of all of them IMO, with the exception of its audio capabilities, which I find to be relatively advanced, which is not surprising given its origin as an audio program. Although others are catching up and maybe coming very close in that area. However the rest of it sadly still feels like amateur hour. Even though it looks great on paper, it's just not "premium" and very few pros I know actually use it, let alone prefer it. That's just my experience with it. Your's may be different. I do know people that get totally good results from it, but it just always feels lacking every time I use it. MAGIX, to me, is where great apps go to stagnate. In the hands of a more ambitious and profitable Sony development team perhaps, Vegas Pro might have had a real chance. And if MAGIX ever sells Vegas Pro to another developer, I'd be very interested again.

Premiere Pro is very powerful of course, but I just don't like it. And I don't like Adobe. Don't mean to be negative. I use it all the time because I have to due to clients. And Premiere along with After Effects together form a super powerful combination used in countless pro projects. Adobe of course has one of the best (if not the best) video plugin support if that matters to you. I have used it for many years and keep using it out of necessity, but it has let me down so many times when the going gets tough or the projects are very complex, that I just grew very tired of it and have been hoping for a real contender to step up for years...

Final Cut is Final Cut. I don't want to get into the Apple thing and Final Cut's history, but suffice it to say that I am very happy to leave that forever in the dust. But some people still love it. Good for them.

There are others of course, and I won't get into those.

Anyway, to make a long story short, like I mentioned, a good friend of mine convinced me that Resolve had finally matured as a video editor (it was already a world-class color platform, etc.), and I have to say it's fully ready for prime time for very serious video and film projects. While there are certain shortcomings in some areas that show how relatively "new" the editor is compared to Premiere, for example, the overall feature set is very powerful indeed and coming along beautifully. In fact, once you get into compositing inside Fusion (which does require going through a steep learning curve IMO), or really learn the color tools, etc., any lingering shortcomings I have felt compared to Premiere have been more than erased. More importantly, the workflow is outstanding for what I need to do, and ultimately I don't miss anything from Premiere or the other apps. I also find it to be *much* more stable in complex projects and I can get more done in less time with less hassle overall. It's fully pro and there is NO need for Premiere unless one of your clients or collaborators requires it. Now I'm speaking of the Resolve STUDIO -- not the free version. Although the free version is crazy powerful for sure. But for $300, the Studio version is totally worth it.

Those are my two bits. Good luck!

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 am

uarte,

If you've tried out the new "cut page", how do you like it?

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:29 am

Whew! Great info. I will look at the pro paid version of Resolve for it's specs.

uarte

Post by uarte » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 pm

MattiasNYC wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 am
uarte,

If you've tried out the new "cut page", how do you like it?
Love the concept, still needs polish IMO. Personally, I wish those ideas were more integrated into the full Edit page, but I get where they are coming from, probably smarter in the long run to do it the way they did it than what I personally want. :-) It doesn't take away, just adds to flexibility though and further cements their approach as differentiating the pages into workflow models, kinda makes sense. So overall good and probably very smart. Now I wish they would spend more time on typical workflow needs like quick, powerful and flexible titles/text. Maybe that will get its own page in the future? Right now the built-in text tool is too simple, and the full Fusion features are overkill. So anything medium to complex with titles/text I tend to do in After Effects and come back to Resolve. That's mostly an issue of habit though since I'm so familiar with After Effects. But I would rather spend more time in Resolve if the built-in text tool was stronger (and I'm not really fast in Fusion yet). Anyway, as to your question about the Cut page: it's good.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm

lifeguardlloyd wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:29 am
Whew! Great info. I will look at the pro paid version of Resolve for it's specs.
There aren't that many relevant differences between the two for a lot of people. If I remember correctly you end up needing "studio" if you're doing cinematic 4k+ work, stereoscopic etc. But all the way up to HD and I think even UHD the regular version is fine.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 pm

@uarte,

Interesting. My takeaways as well.

I spent last weekend playing around with my Contour Shuttle Pro on the cut page and it certainly seems to have a specific purpose. I'm thinking as you are that it's really meant for getting to the point quickly and then one clicks over to the edit page for finalizing the edit. The cut keyboard actually seems incredibly nice to for those who do this for a living.

Regarding titles: I feel like I just saw a video where they applied Fusion effects in the edit page. I.e. they weren't "regular" effects but actual Fusion compositions that were saved as presets or something and were quickly applied on the edit page with some of all parameters available in the inspector. It seems that might be the way to go; create titles in Fusion, decide what parameters should be available for tweaking in the edit page, save as such, apply in edit.

Either way, I'm very much leaning towards learning Resolve as opposed to just playing around with it. Some time to dedicate, but it is fairly intuitive I find, even the color page!

uarte

Post by uarte » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm

MattiasNYC wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:42 pm
... where they applied Fusion effects in the edit page. I.e. they weren't "regular" effects but actual Fusion compositions ...
Yes, this is one approach, but it's messy TBH. A dedicated text/title tool is a MUST IMO, even Premiere has a fairly decent and intuitive text tool now. And everyone I've talked with about it agrees that the current text tool in Resolve leaves a lot to be desired. Thus forcing you to use Fusion one way or another... or going old school and jumping back and forth with After Effects like I currently do. I think it will only be a matter of time before they revamp the text tool one way or another. But yes, Fusion gives a whole range of fantastic possibilities... it's just murky and messy when you want to go in to tweak the fine details unless you are very comfortable in Fusion. There is a big gap that BM needs to fill. We'll see what they do. They've been insanely ambitious and very successful with their world-domination plans so far, so it will be fun to see what shows up in Resolve 16.x or 17.

Resolve overall is definitely my recommendation over the competition right now. In a pinch, I was even able to do some half-decent quick audio in it with the Fairlight page. I do some pretty heavy video/film work here in addition to audio post production and sound design, and we have purchased pretty much every app in these areas on the market. I find myself feeling very good about moving most projects over to Resolve + Nuendo, though, with some supporting use of other video/audio apps as needed. Like many other guys here, I need to have access to all the other industry standard stuff for client requirements, but for my own personal preferences, the Resolve + Nuendo combo is turning into a very powerful beast that covers 90%+ of what we do with a pretty good workflow.

Now if Steinberg would finally add really good ripple editing (PLEASE DAW GODS HEAR MY FERVENT PRAYERS, I BEG OF YOU!) -- and it needs to be as good or better than Reaper's ripple editing modes BTW, plus some other workflow features I've been hoping for, my audio needs would be pretty much complete with Nuendo + my select group of plugins (including RX + ReVoice Pro, etc.).

And then my video/film needs would be pretty much complete with Resolve + a few more workflow improvements + better text tools + After Effects. (Have to concede that After Effects is really the deep industry standard for motion graphics, and I don't see Fusion taking over that role for me in the short term, although I haven't spent enough time in Fusion yet to figure out where in my workflow it will eventually fit).

Anyway, Resolve + Nuendo just by themselves together can power a vast range of complex media and film projects. It's really a great time to be making media -- the only limitation is one's imagination and skill.

lifeguardlloyd

Post by lifeguardlloyd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their insight and direction. I just avoided spending money needlessly.

I am amazed of the power of Resolve. Black Magic is definitely giving Adobe something to worry about. I can't stand subscription software and I certainly hope Steinberg never treads in that direction.

Adobe could win more business if they broke up their products into at least 3 categories. 1. Hobbyist - software would be basic, functional, and cost friendly. 2. Serious Hobbyist/semi pro - A purchasable fully functional software that contains advance capabilities. Pricey but still affordable to those that are serious. Upgrades would be offered for a reasonable fee but the initial software would still work 3. Professional - Fully functional software with even more advanced capabilities that meets and exceeds industry standards and demands. A subscription model might work here but the service would have to be stellar.

Thank you again to everyone's input.
LP
Last edited by lifeguardlloyd on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

uarte

Post by uarte » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am

lifeguardlloyd wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm
I would like to thank everyone for their insight and direction. I just avoided spending money needlessly.

I am amazed of the power of Resolve. Black Magic is definitely giving Adobe something to worry about. I can't stand subscription software and I certainly hope Steinberg never treads in that direction.

Adobe could win more business is the broke up their products into at least 3 categories. 1. Hobbyist - software would be basic, functional, and cost friendly. 2. Serious Hobbyist/semi pro - A purchasable fully functional software that contains advance capabilities. Pricey but still affordable to those that are serious. Upgrades would be offered for a reasonable fee but the initial software would still work 3. Professional - Fully functional software with even more advanced capabilities that meets and exceeds industry standards and demands. A subscription model might work here but the service would have to be stellar.

Thank you again to everyone's input.
LP
Glad to share some thoughts! BM is definitely being aggressive with development with Resolve... they have had a breakneck pace of development, adding vast feature sets in a relatively short time, folding in features from other apps they have acquired, etc... very very aggressive indeed, and for the most part, they have been making really good decisions about the direction of the product. Good enough that I've been happy to move paid client projects right over without breaking a sweat. And yes, Adobe is certainly taking note. Avid for sure too.

Just keep in mind that Adobe and BM have very different business models, and I'm not talking about subscription vs one-time license. BM has primarily been a hardware developer, and Resolve, IMO, is the gateway drug to get you into their system. So for BM, Resolve is almost like a loss-leader in the way that Apple sells Logic+Final Cut, etc., for an insanely low price to hook you into Apple hardware. Resolve could easily sell for $1000+ right now. The good news is that BM aren't forcing you to buy their hardware to get incredible value out of Resolve. And BM is also not behaving like Avid does with its business model. It's like BM learned from the pros and cons of Apple, Adobe, and Avid, and came up with a hybrid business approach to Resolve. It's pretty good so far. Once you start buying their hardware you'll start to see the grand game they are playing. It's a massive ecosystem that is actually pretty cool. What I hope is that they never "require" BM hardware, or that will be the beginning of the end IMHO. Right now, buying their hardware gives you valuable (and logical) workflow improvements and in some cases high end features that can only be achieved with dedicated hardware, but you can still rock and roll very well without their hardware, on a vanilla Windows machine, for example.

Anyway, good luck in your projects. Let's hope the "Force" remains with Black Magic, and they don't turn to the "dark side."

buhardilla

Post by buhardilla » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:06 pm

uarte wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am
BM has primarily been a hardware developer, and Resolve, IMO, is the gateway drug to get you into their system. So for BM, Resolve is almost like a loss-leader in the way that Apple sells Logic+Final Cut, etc.,
Agree 100%
uarte wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am
Let's hope the "Force" remains with Black Magic, and they don't turn to the "dark side."
sorry but I won't hope this. Business is business ;)
A lot of opinions from editors, colorists, graphic designers, sound mixers, etc have been wrote about Davinci Resolve and a lot of them very interesting. DR is an unusual case in the media software developing: the challenge to integrate four image+sound different applications (with their respective four different target users), sharing the same timeline and multi compatible platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS).... amazing!!!. How do I see this soup of applications?
Davinci color grading is without doubt the main attractive. This high level- Hollywood grade tool available for just 300€ is enough to buy it. In the second term appears a NLE (it looks as FCP7/Premiere Pro mix) well designed and very well-targeted to "FCP7 frustrated editors (cheated for FCPX)" and "Premiere pro users exhausted of annual subscription plans". Next come Fusion as a hypothetic visual FX and motion graphic program. And finally, Fairlight as the DR - DAW. Nuendo users, download DR free version compare the Fairlight vs Nuendo features and judge for yourself.
In my opinion DR will be a best seller for the color grading tool included (cost less than some audio plugins!); for 300€ will it worth to integrate it in any NLE workflow. For some editors DR can be a primary NLE: I see it as a great place to accommodate FCP/PP refugees (Although I very much doubt that high level Avid Media Composers editors migrate to DR only for NLE). I wrote Fusion as hypothetic motion graphics tool because this software it´s mainly aimed for film composition. Require a very step learning curve, very different to After Effects/Motion layer concept, need a powerful computer and beginners must be prepared to waste weeks to get decent results. Fusion artists won't migrate to DR because Fusion, as only composition tool is still available as different app in Blackmagic, and it has more features that their DR brother and best aimed for team collaboration. About Fairlight, honestly , does anyone think that experienced Nuendo or Protools users will migrate to Fairlight? Post audio facilities with Protools expensive investments will migrate fo fairlight?
Perhaps two of the four DaVinci Resolve apps could be managed for the same person, but I dude that anyone could master three softwares simultaneously. And four? a joke!!
A more likely scenarios could be facilities with four DRv-workstations,/ four job function in collaboration with the same project,... and with the same Blackmagic hardware: from camera production to all the BM postproduction toys. In these scenarios I can understand how the software is so cheaper :mrgreen:
iMac 5K 3,6 GHz iCore9, 64Gb RAM, OS 10.15.1 / RME PCIe AiO / Softube Console 1
Nuendo 8.3. || Digital Performer 10 || Harrison Mixbus 32C || VEP 6

Return to “General”