External Hardware in Cubase with AXR4U

All about Steinberg's AXR4 audio interface
DJ Synchro

External Hardware in Cubase with AXR4U

Post by DJ Synchro »

Hi guys,

I purchased the AXR4. Very happy with the sound quality.
However, I have some external hardware I use with Cubase and I can't get it to work with the AXR4. I wired everything up correctly and configured the I/O in Cubase and added the Hardware in the Cubase connections.
I use the Control Room in Cubase.
I tried about every setting in Cubase and in the AXR4 dspMixFX application, but no joy.

What am I doing wrong here? I had a UR824 before and with that unit I had no problem to get my hardware to integrate.

Any idea's?
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5, HALion Player, HALion Sonic 2, Padshop Pro, various Instrument Sets, Wavelab Elements 9, various 3rd party VST & VSTi's
Gear: Steinberg AXR4U, ART Pro VLAII Tube Compressor, Klark Teknik 1176 KT, Steinberg Houston
Computer: Windows 10 Pro x64, 16GB RAM, 3 SSD's RAID0, nVidia Graphics, Triple Monitor setup.

Norbury Brook

Re: External Hardware in Cubase with AXR4U

Post by Norbury Brook »

coming from the UR824 where you didn't assign ANY outputs if you were using the control room, the AXR needs to have a least one set of outputs activated to get the Hardware AXR menu to appear on each track. I just assign an unused pair of outputs and then use the control rrom as I did before on my UR unit.

M
ASRock x570 Taichi -Ryzen 3950x-16 core -32 gigs 3600 DDR4- AMD 580- Windows 10 x64-OSX Mojave- AXR4-Euphonix mix,Transport-CC121-Cubase 10.5.x

Return to “Steinberg AXR”