Option to move the selected audio events onto a new track below the current selected track

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 8 can be posted here.
whybee

Option to move the selected audio events onto a new track below the current selected track

Post by whybee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:18 am

I do a lot of taking an audio event and moving it onto a new track for either similar processing chain - tweak values - maybe add or remove a plugin.

Typically this is all cool dragging it all the way to the bottom of the track view - a duplicate of the track settings will be made with the audio event on it.

However sometimes you don't want to drag this down 3 pages of tracks and you want to make one right under the track you are editing.

OR even just a way to use the selected track and then say create new track with current track template would suffice - as long as it did it right under the current track.

Niekbeem

Re: Option to move the selected audio events onto a new track below the current selected track

Post by Niekbeem » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 am

+1
There should be an option that creates a new track (duplicate from the track above it) when dragging-,-hoovering-for-2-seconds-&-dropping (part of) an event in between tracks for example?

As a workaround for this I use "Show Selected Tracks Only" in the mixer, which hides all the un-relevant tracks and leaves empty space to create that "drag&drop-new-track" ......

Niek/Amsterdam
Nuendo 8.3 / Pro Tools Ultimate / Logic X / MixBus 5 / WaveLab 9.5
MacPro 5.1: 12Core 2.4 GHz Intel Xeon/ 24GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.13
MacBook Pro: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9/ 32 GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.13
MetricHalo ULN8 + 2882 / RME HDSPe MadiFace
Euphonix MC Pro

sylvainmoreau

Re: Option to move the selected audio events onto a new track below the current selected track

Post by sylvainmoreau » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:57 am

not sure i get all you need but i use this macro :
Project - Duplicate tracks
Automation - Delete Automation of selected Tracks
TrackVersion - Delete Inactive Versions of selected Tracks
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Delete
nuendo 8.3 / rme fireface 802 / rme Fireface UC/ W10x64 / 16ram / i7 2600k / P67A-UD3P-B3 / AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”