Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
uarte

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Right, I agree, but my point was more a general policy question (and possibly not what the previous educational question was asking) of how upgrade AND crossgrade policies will affect EXISTING educational/student products... including the crossgrade FROM a student license of Cubase or an upgrade FROM a student license of Nuendo.

Anyway, I'm sure all this will be sorted out. My reading of the existing policy is that any student or educational license can be upgraded/crossgraded at the commercial prices, whatever those may be.

Apologies if it appeared I was hijacking the previous educational question. I guess I'm asking a different question out of curiosity. (I've already crossgraded my Cubase license and will be upgrading my other Nuendo license).

eklkrl

Post by eklkrl » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 am
The current prices of Nuendo 8 during this spring sale are basically the same as Nuendo 10 will be when released. There is just one small exception that won't really affect anyone, on the contrary, it will benefit everyone crossgrading to Nuendo 8 now. The prices for the updates from older Nuendo versions to Nuendo 10 will also be slightly reduced for the whole lifecycle and we will even allow users from waaaay older versions to get Nuendo 10 for a very moderate price. We want as many people as possible to profit from the huge effort we have put onto this version.
Hello,

I am still on Nuendo 7 and have been waiting to upgrade to 8, and will certainly upgrade to 10. My question is, does this mean that the cost for upgrading will come down from what it presently costs to upgrade from 7 to 8, or will that remain the same? (Or will it go up once 10 comes out?)

Thanks so much,
Ernst

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:03 am

eklkrl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm
Luis Dongo wrote:
The current prices of Nuendo 8 during this spring sale are basically the same as Nuendo 10 will be when released. There is just one small exception that won't really affect anyone, on the contrary, it will benefit everyone crossgrading to Nuendo 8 now. The prices for the updates from older Nuendo versions to Nuendo 10 will also be slightly reduced for the whole lifecycle and we will even allow users from waaaay older versions to get Nuendo 10 for a very moderate price. We want as many people as possible to profit from the huge effort we have put onto this version.
Hello,

I am still on Nuendo 7 and have been waiting to upgrade to 8, and will certainly upgrade to 10. My question is, does this mean that the cost for upgrading will come down from what it presently costs to upgrade from 7 to 8, or will that remain the same? (Or will it go up once 10 comes out?)

Thanks so much,
Ernst
Hello Ernst,

prices for all updates will be lower compared to previous versions.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Spoon

Post by Spoon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm trying to update my eLicenser with the new Nuendo 10 license (I just bought Cubase Pro 10 and crossgraded to Nuendo 8, so I have Nuendo 8 installed now) but the website says I'm eligible for Cubase Pro 10..?
Since I made use of the grossgrade during the sales period, how do I upgrade my license to Nuendo 10?
TimoWildenhain wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 pm
Dear all,

Nuendo 10 update
Best of all: all purchases in the framework of this Sales offer quality for
a free update to Nuendo 10, later in Q2/2019. That means no extra payment
for the update, as the Grace Period has been extended to cover this Sales action.

Thanks,
Timo

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Spoon wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:20 pm
I'm trying to update my eLicenser with the new Nuendo 10 license (I just bought Cubase Pro 10 and crossgraded to Nuendo 8, so I have Nuendo 8 installed now) but the website says I'm eligible for Cubase Pro 10..?
Since I made use of the grossgrade during the sales period, how do I upgrade my license to Nuendo 10?
TimoWildenhain wrote:
Dear all,

Nuendo 10 update
for the update, as the Grace Period has been extended to cover this Sales action.

Thanks,
Timo
You can simply go to your eLicenser and click Maintenance on the top right. It worked for me.
YouTube | Spotify | Instagram

Nuendo 10
Windows 10
Wavelab Pro 9.5
Komplete 12 Ultimate
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, GTX 970

Spoon

Post by Spoon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Iftekharul Anam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:34 pm
Spoon wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:20 pm
TimoWildenhain wrote:
Dear all,

Nuendo 10 update

Thanks,
Timo
You can simply go to your eLicenser and click Maintenance on the top right. It worked for me.
It worked, thank you!

eklkrl

Post by eklkrl » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:03 am
eklkrl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm
Luis Dongo wrote:
Hello,

Thanks so much,
Ernst
Hello Ernst,

prices for all updates will be lower compared to previous versions.

Thanks,
Timo
Unfortunately this turns out not to be true! It would have been $250 at the time I wrote; now the upgrade from 7 is $300. I wish I had been given correct information.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 am

I think you misunderstood what Timo was saying. To me the "gist" of your question looks like this:

"Will the cost of going from the previous version to the latest version remain the same?".

The question looks like that because this thread is about what was the latest version at the time, v8, and you were asking about the upgrade from 7 to 8. So when Timo responded above it looks exactly like what happened: The upgrade to the latest version from the version before it is now less expensive (i.e. $200 instead of $250).

As far as I remember it's always been the case that if you try to upgrade from a version that is older than the previous version it is more expensive. So from 8 to 10 is less expensive than from 7 to 10 - just like it was more expensive to upgrade from 6 to 8 compared to 7 to 8.

The whole point of having a grace period is to get people to upgrade sooner rather than later, and the "reward" for people that do that is that they get the next version without paying more once it's available. From what I can see online:

7 to 8: $250
6.5 to 8: $350
6 to 8: $450

..and so on..

So I think you just misunderstood somehow.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pm

MattiasNYC wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 am
I think you misunderstood what Timo was saying. To me the "gist" of your question looks like this:

"Will the cost of going from the previous version to the latest version remain the same?".

The question looks like that because this thread is about what was the latest version at the time, v8, and you were asking about the upgrade from 7 to 8. So when Timo responded above it looks exactly like what happened: The upgrade to the latest version from the version before it is now less expensive (i.e. $200 instead of $250).

As far as I remember it's always been the case that if you try to upgrade from a version that is older than the previous version it is more expensive. So from 8 to 10 is less expensive than from 7 to 10 - just like it was more expensive to upgrade from 6 to 8 compared to 7 to 8.

The whole point of having a grace period is to get people to upgrade sooner rather than later, and the "reward" for people that do that is that they get the next version without paying more once it's available. From what I can see online:

7 to 8: $250
6.5 to 8: $350
6 to 8: $450

..and so on..

So I think you just misunderstood somehow.
Thanks Mattias. Exactly what I meant. Sorry Ernst if I haven't been clear enough on that.
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Return to “General”