Nuendo 10 The Landmark Release - official preview

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
taliosanchez

Re: Nuendo 10 The Landmark Release - official preview

Post by taliosanchez » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Puma0382 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm
taliosanchez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Will Nuendo 10 support Softube Console 1?
I would expect so, since Cubase 10's release saw 'deep integration' with the unit. From the Cubase10 webpages:-

Softube Console 1 support
The Softube Console 1 hardware controller is deeply integrated into Cubase. You can select tracks and control various track parameters like volume, pan or sends through this elegant and intuitive controller.

And since Cubase 9.5 was released AFTER Nuendo 8 I would think that it will be included in Nuendo 10.

I'd like an official reply, though.

uarte

Post by uarte » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 pm

taliosanchez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Puma0382 wrote:
taliosanchez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Will Nuendo 10 support Softube Console 1?
I would expect so, since Cubase 10's release saw 'deep integration' with the unit. From the Cubase10 webpages:-

The Softube Console 1 hardware controller is deeply integrated into Cubase. You can select tracks and control various track parameters like volume, pan or sends through this elegant and intuitive controller.

And since Cubase 9.5 was released AFTER Nuendo 8 I would think that it will be included in Nuendo 10.

Guys, I believe this was already folded into Nuendo with the 8.2 update. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that 8.2 or 8.3 brought parity with Cubase 9.5. The only things missing from Nuendo 8.3 right now are the new Cubase 10 features. HOWEVER, note that any extra new Console 1 features added to Cubase 10 will be missing until the Nuendo 10 update. But Cubase 9.5 had Console 1 support, and I'm 99.9% sure that's in Nuendo already.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?t=148400

taliosanchez

Post by taliosanchez » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 am

uarte wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 pm
taliosanchez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Puma0382 wrote:

Guys, I believe this was already folded into Nuendo with the 8.2 update. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that 8.2 or 8.3 brought parity with Cubase 9.5. The only things missing from Nuendo 8.3 right now are the new Cubase 10 features. HOWEVER, note that any extra new Console 1 features added to Cubase 10 will be missing until the Nuendo 10 update. But Cubase 9.5 had Console 1 support, and I'm 99.9% sure that's in Nuendo already.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?t=148400

Great news! Thanks. I'll test this tomorrow.

Christian van Caine

Post by Christian van Caine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am

Man, sounds awesome! Looking forward to this :-)
Curious though, with Windows in mind sometimes skipping right from 8 to 10 makes sense, but what was the full non-integer version? Or war there anything prior to Nuendo 1?
https://abrokenlinemovie.blogspot.com/

Nuendo 8.3, Cubase 2.01/3.0 (Atari), full Adobe CS6-suite, Plugins from Flux, Dolby, Weiss, Sound Toys, Izotope, SSL, and AudioEase to name a few.
Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Pro, Xeon 8-core, ASUS X99 E, Prism Sound Titan, Black Magic Intensity PCIe, Atari MEGA 4 STe with MIDEX+, Amiga 600 and a few 500, Commodore 64 and 128's. I am NOT getting into what I use on these.
As much hardware gear and synthesizers as I can possibly get my paws on. Including for the micro-computers.

uarte

Post by uarte » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Nuendo 10 release date possibilities (I am just speculating, I have no confirmed information):

According to the Steinberg Facebook page, the crossgrade promotion ends May 15, 2019... and it's been stated elsewhere several times that the promotion will end when Nuendo 10 is released. Therefore, a possible release date for Nuendo 10 is by around May 15.

Also on the Facebook page, Steinberg support offered a little more info on their thinking: "The promotion will be available until Nuendo 10 arrives, we are aiming for Q2 of this year, beginning of it. We still cannot confirm an ETA."

While they cannot confirm an ETA, note that they said, "...Q2 of this year, beginning of it..." that suggests April-May, which could confirm their goal of May 15, if all goes well.

Who knows, but it sounds like we're within a possible 8 weeks away from release!

Any other info you can share about Nuendo 10 features, Steinberg? Now that GDC is starting, weren't you guys going to share some more info this week?

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm

uarte wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Any other info you can share about Nuendo 10 features, Steinberg?
Yes.
That they are awesome.

Fredo

uarte

Post by uarte » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Fredo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm
uarte wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Any other info you can share about Nuendo 10 features, Steinberg?
Yes.
That they are awesome.

Fredo
Well, then, that's a relief. Confirmed then that the new features are NOT mediocre! ;)

Although, it would be nice to get some more specifics... surely Steinberg can post a video of their GDC presentation? Or a summary of the goodies they'll be talking about at GDC?

StefK

Post by StefK » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:55 pm
michaelgwagner wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm
I'm a Cubase 10 user who is mainly interested in Steinberg's VR workflow and have been waiting for an opportunity to switch to Nuendo for a while. But I am a little confused about the current announcements to be honest. Along with the Nuendo 10 preview you also announced a Nuendo crossgrade sale. I am trying to figure out the best way to switch to Nuendo.

Will there be a free upgrade to 10 if I buy the full version now? What about the cross grade from Cubase? If I need to buy the upgrade when 10 comes out, how much will that be? Given that I lose the Cubase license as soon as I cross grade from Cubase to Nuendo I therefore also lose the much less expensive Cubase upgrade path. So these are important things I would need to know in order to make an informed decision.
Hi Michael,

if you take the chance to upgrade to Nuendo from Cubase in the framework of this sales offer, you're entitled
for a free update to Nuendo 10 later on in Q2, 2019.

Thanks,
Timo
hi Timo,
also a C10 user here, and the video rendering has grabbed my attention !!
How does this feature entitlement apply, if video-rendering is now penned in for 10.2.
If I upgrade from C10 to N8 (entitled to N10), are there going to be additional costs to go from :
N10.0 ==> N10.1
N10.1 ==> N10.2

In other words, is the video-rendering feature going to be encumbered by additional upgrade costs beyond Nuendo 10.0 and upward ???

regards,
/Stef
Cubase 9.x|Reason 10.x|Halion6,HSO]|NI Komplete 9|VI-Labs Ravenscroft275
WIN10|GA-Z370-G7|8086K|64Gb|SAMSUNG-970|Thunderbolt3|UAD-Apollo.X6
Win 7 |GA-X58|W3680|12Gb|SAMSUNG 850|ECHO-MIA
MacBook Pro|MR816:CSX| Maudio:FW410 | Line6:KB37

SrOrtegon

Post by SrOrtegon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 am

Hello:

I'm thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase ( vsti compatibility, fx etc).

I'm aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 am

SrOrtegon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 am
Hello:

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase ( vsti compatibility, fx etc).

I'm aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !
My understanding is, that Nuendo 8 does not have all the features Cubase has, however V-10 will be the start of bringing them closer. Over (a short?) time, the only difference between the two will be, that Nuendo will have the (high end) Post Production/Gaming features, along with the Music Production stuff.
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.5; Nuendo 8.3.20.345; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00; Dorico V2.2.0.1108 (Loving it).

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm

StefK wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 am
TimoWildenhain wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:55 pm
michaelgwagner wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm
I'm a Cubase 10 user who is mainly interested in Steinberg's VR workflow and have been waiting for an opportunity to switch to Nuendo for a while. But I am a little confused about the current announcements to be honest. Along with the Nuendo 10 preview you also announced a Nuendo crossgrade sale. I am trying to figure out the best way to switch to Nuendo.

Will there be a free upgrade to 10 if I buy the full version now? What about the cross grade from Cubase? If I need to buy the upgrade when 10 comes out, how much will that be? Given that I lose the Cubase license as soon as I cross grade from Cubase to Nuendo I therefore also lose the much less expensive Cubase upgrade path. So these are important things I would need to know in order to make an informed decision.
Hi Michael,

if you take the chance to upgrade to Nuendo from Cubase in the framework of this sales offer, you're entitled
for a free update to Nuendo 10 later on in Q2, 2019.

Thanks,
Timo
hi Timo,
also a C10 user here, and the video rendering has grabbed my attention !!
How does this feature entitlement apply, if video-rendering is now penned in for 10.2.
If I upgrade from C10 to N8 (entitled to N10), are there going to be additional costs to go from :
N10.0 ==> N10.1
N10.1 ==> N10.2

In other words, is the video-rendering feature going to be encumbered by additional upgrade costs beyond Nuendo 10.0 and upward ???

regards,
/Stef
Hello StefK,

all N10.x updates will be for free, as they have been for Nuendo 8: namely N8.1, N8.2 and N8.3.

As soon as the video rendering functionality is completed AND stable, we will release it within a free update for Nuendo 10, hopefully soon after the initial release.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

uarte

Post by uarte » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 pm

GTBannah wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 am
SrOrtegon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 am
Hello:

Thank you !
My understanding is, that Nuendo 8 does not have all the features Cubase has, however V-10 will be the start of bringing them closer. Over (a short?) time, the only difference between the two will be, that Nuendo will have the (high end) Post Production/Gaming features, along with the Music Production stuff.
Just a slight correction to this -- Nuendo 8.3 doesn't have all the features of Cubase 10, but Nuendo 8.3 has all the features of Cubase 9.5. In the past, there has been a lag time of 6-9 (or sometimes even more) months when a feature introduced in Cubase doesn't make it to Nuendo until Nuendo's next big update. Cubase, in a way, (and I hate to say it), has been sort of a testing ground for some features before they move over to Nuendo -- and some folks have the opinion that this has actually been a good thing in terms of the longer period of stability testing for those specific features. I don't know if there's any factual evidence to support that idea, but at least it mollified some people's frustration of the "leapfrog" situation that was going on between Cubase/Nuendo for the last many years.

Anyway, like GTBannah said, with Nuendo 10, Steinberg is trying to close the gap significantly, and they have been synchronizing the development schedules of Cubase and Nuendo so we don't have to wait as long. Ultimately, they say this will help with bugfixes, etc., and essentially be a net positive. I'll take them at their word on that. So people who have been maintaining/updating both Cubase and Nuendo licensees won't need to do that any more. They can just stick with Nuendo if they want, without worrying about a long gap between significant features. Who knows what the lag time will really be in the future, but from what has been stated by Steinberg so far, it will be greatly reduced. Personally, I think it's a good move, and I'm optimistic about their plans.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Btw, I've been hating the term "game-changer" for quite some time now. It's like all people in advertising are fed the same sheep-fodder and completely lack originality.

At least Steinberg graduated to "life-changing"..

.. though something tells me my life won't change..
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

MichelBlanchet

Post by MichelBlanchet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 pm

I'm with Nuendo since Version 6.0
Can't wait to be on N10. ThumbUp! Steinberg Team +1! You Rock!!!
Michel Blanchet

uarte

Post by uarte » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 am

FYI -- some more info located in the press release from KVR -- it also has some screen shots of some new features in action:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/steinberg ... -gdc-44611

heisenberg9

Post by heisenberg9 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:38 am

Luis Dongo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm
all N10.x updates will be for free, as they have been for Nuendo 8...

As soon as the video rendering functionality is completed AND stable, we will release it within a free update for Nuendo 10, hopefully soon after the initial release.

All the best,
Luis...
Excellent Luis, you have confirmed my suspicions that nothing has changed in the way Steinberg's Nuendo unit has treated dot 1, 2, 3 style updates. They are free to users who have purchased the license for the whole number update, like Nuendo 10.

So good to hear within all this news about the impending release of Nuendo 10 that usership has increased allowing for more developers within this business unit. This is good for all of us as we have seen with some of the updates during the life of Nuendo 8.

-Andrew

ChrisPolus

Post by ChrisPolus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm

uarte wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 am
FYI -- some more info located in the press release from KVR -- it also has some screen shots of some new features in action:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/steinberg ... -gdc-44611
I don't know if the contrast can be adjusted, but the interface in N10 has gotten even darker if I see that correctly in the screenshots. I liked the current color as it was dark, but still not black. Now the interface is really near black, and inactive buttons are dark grey on almost dark and are hard to see. The font then is complete opposite, very bright. I would have liked a more moderate approach with less contrast between dark and white and more contrast between dark and inactive. We'll see how it looks live.
Handmade Win10 x64 Machine, Intel 6 Core CPU, ASUS Prime Board, 16GB RAM, 1080 GTX
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2016 with Touchbar, latest macOS, 16GB RAM
Latest Nuendo version, Logic Pro X, Reaper, UAD Apollo Duo + Twin MK2 via Thunderbolt

hendrix97

Post by hendrix97 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Question to the feature list:
What exactly is ADM Import?

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 pm

hendrix97 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm
Dolby Atmos files.

Fredo

uarte

Post by uarte » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:01 pm

hendrix97 wrote:
ADM (Audio Definition Model) BWAV File Format

https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/a ... l-software

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/re ... !pdf-e.pdf

https://www.w3.org/2013/10/tv-workshop/ ... sion_4.pdf

Yellowcab

Post by Yellowcab » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm

ChrisPolus wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I don't know if the contrast can be adjusted, but the interface in N10 has gotten even darker if I see that correctly in the screenshots. I liked the current color as it was dark, but still not black. Now the interface is really near black, and inactive buttons are dark grey on almost dark and are hard to see. The font then is complete opposite, very bright. I would have liked a more moderate approach with less contrast between dark and white and more contrast between dark and inactive. We'll see how it looks live.
I'm pretty sure you can customise that in Nuendo, like almost everything else.
Steven Ghouti
YELLOW CAB Studios
--------------------------
11 x N7 PC - 3 Euphonix S5 - 1 Euphonix S5MC

hendrix97

Post by hendrix97 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 am

Fredo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 pm
hendrix97 wrote:
Dolby Atmos files.

Fredo
uarte wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:01 pm
hendrix97 wrote:
ADM (Audio Definition Model) BWAV File Format

https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/a ... l-software

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/re ... !pdf-e.pdf

https://www.w3.org/2013/10/tv-workshop/ ... sion_4.pdf
thanks Fredo and uarte!

JBF

Post by JBF » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 am

Yellowcab wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm
ChrisPolus wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure you can customise that in Nuendo, like almost everything else.
Unfortunaltely it's not the case. I couple of months ago I compared the event display customization options between cubase 9.5 and nuendo 8.2.
Nuendo has much, much fewer options to customize it .
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=139260
I am wondering if unifying of event display options will the part of harmonizing Cubase and Nuendo.
On the same note - unfortunately the white high contrast elements of Cubase 10 like white fonts, white accent color (for selected track or selected tool) can not be customized. IMHO these high contrast elements are really hard on eyes.
viewtopic.php?f=283&t=150467
Win8.1/64bit / Core i7-3930K 6*3,20 GHz /GA-X79-UP4/4*16 gb/NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Palit > Cubase 9.0.4 Pro

ChrisPolus

Post by ChrisPolus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 pm

@Fredo. Is that you in the N10 announcement video?
Handmade Win10 x64 Machine, Intel 6 Core CPU, ASUS Prime Board, 16GB RAM, 1080 GTX
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2016 with Touchbar, latest macOS, 16GB RAM
Latest Nuendo version, Logic Pro X, Reaper, UAD Apollo Duo + Twin MK2 via Thunderbolt

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:50 pm

ChrisPolus wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 pm
@Fredo. Is that you in the N10 announcement video?
No, that's not me.
I am the fat bloke (popcorn you know ...) in one of the Yamaha Nuage videos.
:)

Fredo

Return to “General”