Multiple DAW Question

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Keyplayer

Multiple DAW Question

Post by Keyplayer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

A question for those of you who use Pro Tools AND Nuendo. Do you keep them on separate computers or do you have them both on the same computer? Is there a reason/advantage to keep them separate? Does it make any difference?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Wheels

Re: Multiple DAW Question

Post by Wheels » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi Key,
I have Nunedo 8, Pro Tools 10 HD and Pro Tools 11 running on the same Windows PC and have zero problems. Sometimes I have Nuendo and Pro Tools running at the same time on 2 different layers of my SSL Nucleus using the same sound card even though that's really not suppose to work. HTH.
John "Wheels" Hurlbut

Nuendo 8 + PT 10 & 11.Win 10 Pro PC Asus Z97 WS MoBo, 4.0 Intel Quadcore OC to 4.6, 32 Gig Ram, Dangerous Source Monitor Controller, SSL Nucleus Console. Waves and UAD II Plug-ins etc. Adobe Creative Cloud.

Keyplayer

Re: Multiple DAW Question

Post by Keyplayer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Wheels wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm
Hi Key,
I have Nunedo 8, Pro Tools 10 HD and Pro Tools 11 running on the same Windows PC and have zero problems. Sometimes I have Nuendo and Pro Tools running at the same time on 2 different layers of my SSL Nucleus using the same sound card even though that's really not suppose to work. HTH.
Thanks for the reply. I've got a pair of ADK PC's. I'm Running N8.3 on the newer one (Win 10 Pro) and I was thinking of running a used copy of PT12 Native on the older one (Win7 Pro currently. But I could upgrade it to Win 10). But I was also looking for something to replace Vegas, which doesn't work with my Artist Series Controllers at all! I'm looking at Final Cut & Media Composer BECAUSE, I was told at Avid that, they will work with my Controllers. I thought they were Mac Only apps. But learned there were Window Versions. So the revised plan was to run N8 & PT12 on the newer PC and make a dedicated Video PC with the older one.

So far, I can't even get Media Composer First to even open on the newer PC!! It starts to open, tries to connect with all of these old VSTi plugs, like Drumagog 5 and, when it can't, it stops the launch! :x What's that about?

Anyway, thanks for the info. That will help a lot with my decision. ;)
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Return to “General”