Halion 6 Trial download

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
mpacklin

Halion 6 Trial download

Post by mpacklin » Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi. I've been trying to download Halion 6 Trial version, but the Steinberg Download Assistant keeps giving me an error.
I am currently on tour in China, so perhaps my internet service is to blame (although I've downloaded tons of stuff here).
One day I managed to get to around 25 Gig, but then I got an error.
And every time I press Retry button, I loose a couple of gigabytes. So I am now back at 4 Gig...
I'm still trying to find solution. My hotel is using a VPN server based in Hong Kong. Could this be the problem?
I tried another VPN, and tried to switch servers, but I just get a different error message.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

christopherberg

Re: Halion 6 Trial download

Post by christopherberg » Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 am

I've got the same problem except I'm not in China and I've been trying to download my purchase of Halion 6. I'm in the U.S. and started the download fine. I thought I'd let it run all night, but two nights in a row my computer (MBP) either froze or restarted itself (this never happens). Now all I get is a message saying that the download failed, try again later.

Don't you think the Download Assistant should be able to say why it failed? Now the download never even gets a chance to start. I've reinstalled the download assistant to no avail.

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 am

christopherberg wrote:I've got the same problem except I'm not in China and I've been trying to download my purchase of Halion 6. I'm in the U.S. and started the download fine. I thought I'd let it run all night, but two nights in a row my computer (MBP) either froze or restarted itself (this never happens). Now all I get is a message saying that the download failed, try again later.

Don't you think the Download Assistant should be able to say why it failed? Now the download never even gets a chance to start. I've reinstalled the download assistant to no avail.
Please have a look at your download folder and check the HALion 6 download. There might be the chance that H6 has already been downloaded fully.

If not, please try to download during the day. Some providers disconnect the internet connection for a few seconds at night which could mess up the download with the assistant.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

christopherberg

Post by christopherberg » Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 am

With the exception of the first time I started the download, and another time after a Safe Boot, there hasn't been time for the "Steinberg" sub-folder for the download to be created.

The error message now appears immediately. I have tried numerous times throughout the day. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm trying to download it to an external HD.

I've included a screenshot of the error message I get:
download error.tiff
(196.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

mpacklin

Post by mpacklin » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote: Please have a look at your download folder and check the HALion 6 download. There might be the chance that H6 has already been downloaded fully.
If not, please try to download during the day. Some providers disconnect the internet connection for a few seconds at night which could mess up the download with the assistant.
I do have a Halion 6 folder with a lot a files, and it even shows the size of about 29 Gig,
but the file extensions are .sda-download. And I get errors when I try to unpack them.

I was wondering if I could download the files directly, without Download Assistant.
I just downloaded my Cubase update using Chrome download without any problems.

Return to “Presales”