upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
quaimedot

upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Post by quaimedot » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi
I am considering upgrading from HS2 to HS3, I noted a helpful response that suggested that HS3 can pick up elements of HS2 from projects that used HS2. Does anyone know if this includes automation? because I am in the middle of mixing several pieces that include HS2 and am worried that HS3 might not read the automation, and therefore force me to remix from the beginning (using 32 bit format).

Thanks
Quaimedot

valsolim

Re: upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Post by valsolim » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Yes, it is true that HS3 will replace any occurence of HS2 in the older projects. The existing automation will not get lost but I'm not sure that the total backward compatibility is guaranteed. In the worst case, some parameters can be left unassigned or wrongly remapped. So, if you want to be completely safe I would suggest to wait for the trial version and test HS3 on your particular projects.

Best regards
--
Miloslav
Cubase 9.5, WaveLab 9.5, HALion 6, Windows 10, Plogue Bidule, Cognitone Synfire, Celemony Melodyne, MeldaProduction, ToneBoosters, Voxengo, Steinberg MR816csx, Presonus DigiMax FS, ART HeadAmp 6 Pro, IK Multimedia ARC 2, Adam Audio A7X + Sub10, AKG K271 mkII, TC Electronic Konnekt 24D, Steinberg UR22, Audix D2, D4, D6, i5, ADX-51, Sennheiser e614, 2x Shure SM137, Røde NT1-A, DPA 4099 S/U, Roland FC-300, Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX49

Return to “Presales”