HALion setup in Ableton

Post general topics related to HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3 here.
Gingerninja

HALion setup in Ableton

Post by Gingerninja » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 am

Hi.

So I've just acquired Ableton for a specific assignment, and I'm struggling to setup HALion in it.
In Cubase, it's straight forward, because you activate the additional audio outputs on the instrument track itself.
However, I find no way to do this in Ableton. It seems the outputs are there (they're available in the Ableton mixer to route to an audio track, but HALion doesn't seem to agree because inside HALion, the additional outputs appear unavailable.

Anyone been successful in doing a HALion multitimbral setup in Ableton?

Cheers.
http://www.soundcloud.com/gingerninja-gn
http://www.beyondyoumusic.com

· Desktop PC · i7-770 @ 3.60GHz · 16GB RAM · Windows 10.
· Cubase 9.5 x64 · Softube Console 1 · HALion 6 · Battery 4 · Serum · Z3ta+2 · Waves Gold · Melda MMasteringBundle +++
· T.C. Electronic Konnekt 8 · Nektar Panorama P6 ·
· Electribe 2 · Traktor Scratch Pro

misohoza

Re: HALion setup in Ableton

Post by misohoza » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Gingerninja wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 am
Hi.

So I've just acquired Ableton for a specific assignment, and I'm struggling to setup HALion in it.
In Cubase, it's straight forward, because you activate the additional audio outputs on the instrument track itself.
However, I find no way to do this in Ableton. It seems the outputs are there (they're available in the Ableton mixer to route to an audio track, but HALion doesn't seem to agree because inside HALion, the additional outputs appear unavailable.

Anyone been successful in doing a HALion multitimbral setup in Ableton?

Cheers.
Set up your outputs in Halion (Master, Out 2, Out 3,...) for each slot and the rest you need to do in Ableton Mixer.
ableton.PNG
(154.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 9, Wavelab Pro 9, Halion 6, Dorico,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

Return to “General”