Whats going on HALIon

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
iRan

Whats going on HALIon

Post by iRan »

nothing new going on with HALion , I sent issues in that were verified that was a year ago.
Groove agent is getting a lot of new content, seams like two a month but no new content for HALion
or bug fixes

this has got to change I would love to just use HALion :shock: :evil:
Cubase Pro 10, HALion 6, Steinberg UR824,
Yamaha Headphones Yamaha KX61 Yamaha Monitors
27 inch iMac i7 Quad Core iPad Air with iC Pro.
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

mozizo

Re: Whats going on HALIon

Post by mozizo »

indeed Halion seems like the neglected child :ugeek:
but hopefully in near future we will see some Love to Halion from steinberg according to the last survey about virtual instruments. Halion 5.5 or 6 maybe ?
Last edited by mozizo on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea »

While I own halion I really gave up a few years ago by purchasing kontakt 5.
Still have halion but no use for it at the moment.

It's a shame the industry didn't pick halion up and gave us wonderfull libraries.
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

mroekalea wrote:While I own halion I really gave up a few years ago by purchasing kontakt 5.
Still have halion but no use for it at the moment.

It's a shame the industry didn't pick halion up and gave us wonderfull libraries.
Exactly my experience too. It's just another waste of money on a Steinberg product.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

iRan

Post by iRan »

Really not sure why they need to do a survey we wanted this from the beginning
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

DodgingRain

Post by DodgingRain »

It really really needs custom macro's and a better way to distribute presets as a group. Also needs some bug fixes and a few more filter types. Some scripting would be nice too.
Mixing, Mastering, Remixing Services
Two Cat Audio Labs, llc
https://www.twocataudiolabs.com

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

mroekalea wrote:
the industry DID pick up Halion, it was the industry leader at Halion 3.

then Steinberg dropped the ball and never updated it, or paid it any attention, and Kontakt came along and updated and updated and just passed it. And instead of Steinberg updating Halion 3 and fighting to keep it the industry standard, they did....nothing. Nada. Zero. For many years.

By the time they released Halion 4 the industry had already changed to Kontakt and Steinberg were simply ...too late.

Classic example of having the industry in the palm of your hand and screwing it up. Nonetheless i still support Halion and have updated to Halion 5 and i really like it. But its too late now for Halion to be the leader, the horse has bolted. Shame. But its still a nice complement to Cubase.

i have a feeling there will be a Halion 6 and it will be included in the Cubase package. They cannot keep selling a DAW without a built in sampler forever. Ableton and Logic etc all come with samplers as standard. So i think the future for Halion is with Cubase package.
Cubase 8.5.30 / UAD2 Quad + UAD2 Solo / Win7 x64 SP1 / Asus X99 Deluxe II MB / 12 Gig DDR3 Samsung Ram / NVIDIA GT730 /Steinberg UR824 Audio Interface x2

iRan

Post by iRan »

Yes I love HALion and agree they should included in Cubase get rid of the SE stuff
i hate SE
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”