Halion 5 Freezing on searching samples

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
dmuckala

Halion 5 Freezing on searching samples

Post by dmuckala » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

Hi, i have encountered a problem that has made Halion 5 unuseable for me. When using in other hosts other than Cubase, in this case Logic (but it happens in other au hosts as well), Halion never gets past the 'searching samples' page. There is a feature that 'defaults' to a path that looks something like "$project folder" which is meant to look in Cubase's audio files folder first for samples. The manual states that this feature is incompatible with other hosts (obviously). Fine, but how do I turn this feature off, because it is freezing Logic and other hosts and the only way for me to open sessions that had Halion on them originally is to literally drag Halion out of my plugin folder and just not use it. Other than obviously being a waste of time and money at this point, I can't even get back to my tracks that I did with Halion in them. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be grateful. Thanks.
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

dmuckala

Re: Halion 5 Freezing on searching samples

Post by dmuckala » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:37 am

No one having this issue? Is anyone using Halion with their own samples, or converted from other libraries?
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

maggie

Post by maggie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 am

Hello,

I have the same problem when opening songs .

If Halion does not find the sounds, crashes Halion and the DAW .
Cubase 10 pro, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Padshop Pro, Tone2 Electra 2, Tone2 Ultraspace, U-He Diva, U-He Presswerk, U-He Hive, Tubeohm Vintage, Virtual CZ, Arturia Solina V2, Arturia Analog Lab, Waldorf Nave, Synapse Dune 2, UVI Falcon, UVI Grand Piano Type D, AiR Xpand!2, KV331 Synthmaster, Steinberg UR22, Arturia Keylab 49 (Black Edition), Intel i7 2600, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN 3, Windows 10 64bit

dmuckala

Post by dmuckala » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 pm

The only workaround I've found so far is to go into my preference folder and delete all Halion pref files. Then Halion doesn't default to "$project" as it's sample path. For some reason however, over time this path re-appears, causing the crashes to happen again. I haven't taken the time to delete the pref files one by one to see exactly which one actually resets it, but what this means is I have to rebuild Halion's mediabay every time. In my busy schedule, it basically means I don't reach for Halion anymore when I'm in Logic. I'd love to get this fixed because Halion can do things that my other tools cannot.
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

JayAudion

Post by JayAudion » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Yes, using the stand alone, when I loaded a Halion Patch of which the samples were moved, Halion crashed on the search page, several times
Cubase 8.5.15, been using all down on PC down to Atari 1040stfm | Windows 10 64bit | RME Fireface 800 | Intel i7-4770k @4300 on Asus Z87-A 16GB | Mackie Control | Dynaudio BM15A

dmuckala

Post by dmuckala » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:06 am

Has anyone heard from Steiny on this? I put in a support request but no word yet.
Thanks everyone for adding to the thread, at least I know i'm not alone in this.
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

marcpoloz

Post by marcpoloz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello All, I'm just getting time to finally approach my many years collection of projects and am now having this problem, Where halion projects (seemingly ones that have been moved) when loaded will hang with the spinning wheel trying to find missing samples. This happens in cubase and standalone mode. Did anyone here find a solution ?
Regards

Poloz

Mac 10.11.6 , Cabuase 8.5, Halion 5

ringola

Post by ringola » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:02 am

Have the same.in all DAW, and standalone version exept Cubase 10.Latest LCC, Cubase 10 and it just freeze, when i try to open program with missing samples.No chance to show Halion, where samples should be found.Any solution Steinberg ?

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”