Mod Wheel- set volume to high and leave it

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
jaybird

Mod Wheel- set volume to high and leave it

Post by jaybird »

Hi, I've been reading and can't find an answer and believe there has to be a way to do this. When playing Halion Sonic, the volume is often too low to be heard in the mix. This is because the "mod wheel" is turned down. Turning up the mod wheel corrects this. The problem is that it seems there is no way to set the mod wheel to high and to leave it there. I've tried adjusting the the mod wheel and saving the patch- no change. When I restart the project, the adjustment is gone. The mod wheel is low again. I've tried going into each track on Cubase and setting CC1 to be high. Two problems- it takes forever to do this and 2 , it doesnt always work.

Does anyone know of a way to set the mod wheel to high and leave it there so that the volume is adequate or to configure it on a per song basis? ( or maybe change what CC1 controls ) I've waste a week trying to mix a song because every time I mix it the track volumes are different. Thanks in advance for the help!

James

jaybird

Re: Mod Wheel- set volume to high and leave it

Post by jaybird »

Anyone have any ideas other than resetting this at the start of every session?

jaybird

Post by jaybird »

How does one get an answer on things like this? My project is on hold because every time I restart the project, the volume drops out of HS. It seems like this should be easy. Anyone with Steinberg/Yamaha monitoring these thread?

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria »

You can add a CC1 at the beginning of the file to control the mod wheel (use the list editor to do this)
Cubase Pro 10.5.20 / Wavelab el 10.0.30 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 3.1.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

C.LYDE101

Post by C.LYDE101 »

Jaybird,

I'm not near Cubase right now, but if memory serves - this only happens on the strings as in HSO? You say CC1 does not work?
The objective of good design, whether products or services, is to …satisfy customers by meeting their actual or anticipated needs and expectations.

islandmusicpro

Post by islandmusicpro »

Makumbaria wrote:You can add a CC1 at the beginning of the file to control the mod wheel (use the list editor to do this)
Dude, this did it for me, thanks!
Could have thought about this myself (as usual... :roll:, and it is "just" a workaround after all and they should fix this behavior of CC1!) but it works nonetheless. Good call!

Cheers,
Benji
Cubase Pro 10.5, Windows 10
Sibelius 7.5.1, Dorico Pro 3.5
http://www.yourmusic.pro

cadential

Post by cadential »

Makumbaria wrote:
Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:53 pm
You can add a CC1 at the beginning of the file to control the mod wheel (use the list editor to do this)
Could you please post some steps on how to do this? Thanks

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”