HALion Sonic 2 and HALion 5 released

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
ZsCools

Re: HALion Sonic 2 and HALion 5 released

Post by ZsCools »

Can i use the halion 5 or halion sonic 2 as plugin for Logic proX or Presonus Studio One 3? Or a Steinberg DAW is needed?

zvenx

Post by zvenx »

IT comes with AU, VST3 (VST2 on PC as well), and maybe AAX although I am not sure about that.
But short answer. yes you can :-)
rsp
richard sven patterson
sound sculptist
--------------------------
Nuendo 10| Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 10 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.14.5 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad |

latorrejc3

Post by latorrejc3 »

Hello i post a topic but i hope to get help here

im interested in using Halion Sonic 2 in Logic soon but meanwhile i buy it , i use garageband 10 on yosemite for this task so i want to use Halion sonic in garageband first

The issue is that i downloaded the 30 day trial demo from the steinberg page but it doesn't open in garageband 10. It says it need to be updated but i downloaded the latest version with the demo so i don't think thats the issue

this worries me because i want to use it in logic pro x in the future and if it doesn't open in garageband i fear that it'll doesn't open in logic either so i come to you because im kind of a newbie in mac so i don't know what to do. Thank you

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan »

latorrejc3 wrote:Hello i post a topic but i hope to get help here

im interested in using Halion Sonic 2 in Logic soon but meanwhile i buy it , i use garageband 10 on yosemite for this task so i want to use Halion sonic in garageband first

The issue is that i downloaded the 30 day trial demo from the steinberg page but it doesn't open in garageband 10. It says it need to be updated but i downloaded the latest version with the demo so i don't think thats the issue

this worries me because i want to use it in logic pro x in the future and if it doesn't open in garageband i fear that it'll doesn't open in logic either so i come to you because im kind of a newbie in mac so i don't know what to do. Thank you
Do you have the USB eLicenser?
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

latorrejc3

Post by latorrejc3 »

yeah, the license is loaded and activated, i can use halon in studio one and standalone

Cheers

rickyackel

Post by rickyackel »

I just looked into this and it appears that you can't load Steinberg instruments into Garage Band, I can and do load HalionSonic instruments into Logic on Yosemite 10.10.5 but some of the instruments don't play and tell me to check my installation. I can't figure it out. Music Man bass is one example. There are still lots of instruments and the Stock ones compliment them nicely. Alchemy in Logic 10.2 is amazing.

rickyackel

Post by rickyackel »

rickyackel wrote:I just looked into this and it appears that you can't load Steinberg instruments into Garage Band,
I guess I should RTFM before posting. You CAN load HALion Sonic into GarageBand. There is a little Plug-ins area in the Smart Controls area that allows you to load Instrument and Effect Plug-ins. It sure is out of the way. I did search for it and couldn't find it.

Rick

beren

Post by beren »

Hi, I have just installed cubase 8.5. I have a question about H Sonic 2: Can I use with different speed SR !00 BPM drum Loops ?
Lİke 96 BPM ? I hope you understand the question :)

AceDrummond09

Post by AceDrummond09 »

I have question.

In Halion Sonic 2 Multirack, when you are selecting VSTs, ratings there is category and sub category. When you click on either one it gives you the option to select a different category you want the VST to be in and it also gives you the option the select none. WHen you select none the VST disappears. Where does it go to? Because when when I type it in search I cannot find it. I selected none by accident. How do I get it to return?

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”