Halion Sonic SE 2 Quick Controls

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
Mattilo

Halion Sonic SE 2 Quick Controls

Post by Mattilo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi,
I think each Halion Sonic SE 2 preset includes Quick Controls. Big "orange" knobs below the middle of the instrument.
What I can't understand is where are the effects they are "routed" to? Where, please tell me where..!
Thanks.
Cubase artist 8

Stephen57

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 Quick Controls

Post by Stephen57 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Mattilo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm
Hi,
I think each Halion Sonic SE 2 preset includes Quick Controls. Big "orange" knobs below the middle of the instrument.
What I can't understand is where are the effects they are "routed" to? Where, please tell me where..!
Thanks.
The quick controls are assigned to control typical functions such as Cutoff Frequency and so on. They can, however, but assigned to many other things using the Learn function. Just experiment with the controls and you'll hear the how it changes the sound, what they do is not the same for each preset, but once a control learned it will stay with that for the project, unless you change it later.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

misohoza

Post by misohoza » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:01 am

Mattilo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm
Hi,
Thanks.
Those effects are part of the program layer so you can't access or edit them. At least not in Halion Sonic SE.
If you opened the same preset in Halion Sonic or Halion you would see them as inserts on layer buss.
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 9, Wavelab Pro 9, Halion 6, Dorico,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

Mattilo

Post by Mattilo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:49 am

Thanks men!
Cubase artist 8

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”