Building Sampled Acoustic Instruments

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
rtorstrick

Building Sampled Acoustic Instruments

Post by rtorstrick »

Does anyone know where I can find detailed instruction on building a sampled acoustic instrument (for Halion, or any other sampler?)? I want to sample some of my own acoustic instruments. I want to know how to load several samples on a note and have the sampler play them randomly, etc.

All the training videos these days are very detailed about layering and manipulating all the synth sounds built into todays samplers, but show only the most basic functions about importing actual acoustic samples, usually 2-3 minutes of a two-hour course.
Windows 10
Cubase 10.5, Halion 6.30, Wavelab 10, Dorico 3.1
Intel Core i5, 32 Gb RAM, Z390 Aorus Pro mobo, 1 Tb SATA SSD system drive, 2x2TB SATA media drives,
G-Drive 3TB USB 3 drive.
UAD Apollo Mk II Quad (TB), Steinberg UR-RT 2, Steinberg MR816csx, Yamaha KX8, CC121, UAD-2 Duo (Pcie)

misohoza

Re: Building Sampled Acoustic Instruments

Post by misohoza »

I want to know how to load several samples on a note and have the sampler play them randomly, etc.
Select the samples and drag them onto a Halion keyboard. Point the mouse towards the bottom of a key and press Ctrl before releasing the mouse. (Without Ctrl they will be mapped to different velocity ranges)

Enable Variation Groups in your Program and assign your zones to the same Variation Group.
VarGroups1.PNG
(21.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
VarGroup2.PNG
(45.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Or you can do it on layer level using the Layer Alternate midi module.
Layer Alternate.PNG
(145.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Halion 6, Dorico 3,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

rtorstrick

Re: Building Sampled Acoustic Instruments

Post by rtorstrick »

Thanks!
Windows 10
Cubase 10.5, Halion 6.30, Wavelab 10, Dorico 3.1
Intel Core i5, 32 Gb RAM, Z390 Aorus Pro mobo, 1 Tb SATA SSD system drive, 2x2TB SATA media drives,
G-Drive 3TB USB 3 drive.
UAD Apollo Mk II Quad (TB), Steinberg UR-RT 2, Steinberg MR816csx, Yamaha KX8, CC121, UAD-2 Duo (Pcie)

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”