cubase wont open.. "says im using basic or high contrast" but im not

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
neilot

cubase wont open.. "says im using basic or high contrast" but im not

Post by neilot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi guys
this started a few days ago... when i try to open cubase 9.5 it says it wont because im using basic or high contrast visuals...
Ok..to explain further... i went into my computer, settings and "AERO THEMES" WERE GREYED OUT!, i solved this with steinbergs online help... ..restarted..and now can happily change to aero themes from the control panel in Windows 7, but even now same thing happens on start up..says same thing... i am running aero themes... but cant open Cubase up still!!
can anyone please help !!!!

cheers
Neil

ps my nvidia drivers are all up to date..this problem appeared from nowhere

gtobobb

Re: cubase wont open.. "says im using basic or high contrast" but im not

Post by gtobobb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:20 pm

I have the same problem. Have the free version with the ur44 and I have not got this to work in 2 weeks. In the windows visual setting I can't find all the setting they said to check mark. If you found a way to make yours work, would you please advise me how you did it. Thanks Bob.

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:34 am

If you have Aero themes in place after following the sequence below (I'm in Win7), then you should reinstall Cubase and things will work.

Control Panel>Display>Personalization>Aero Themes.
Cubase 10 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 9.5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (1903 update installed), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI card), M-Audio Keystation 61es controller via an M-Audio Midi-Sport 1X1.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:53 pm

I had something similar happen about a month ago. Cubase wouldn't launch saying I wasn't running an Aero Theme. Went to Control Panel and saw that my custom theme, which is Aero, was selected but Windows didn't think it was Aero. Selected one of Windows' own Aero themes which it still thought wasn't Aero (urghhhhh!). Several theme changes and reboots later Windows finally thought Aero was Aero and Cubase launched fine. Never really figured out what was going on.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.30, Win7 Home Premium 64bit (downgraded after disastrous Win10 upgrade), Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

markroxley

Post by markroxley » Sat May 11, 2019 8:21 am

right click my computer, properties, advanced system settings, performance tab, press adjust for best performance, the press adjust for best appearance. Cubase will open with areo theme now.

Return to “Issues”