Import Tracks From Project - please let us import tempo track

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
orchetect

Import Tracks From Project - please let us import tempo track

Post by orchetect » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Here's the deal: When you import tracks from a session, data on the tracks is often essentially useless because it just gets superimposed on the tempo track that's in the destination project.

Technically tempo tracks are tracks too. Can we import the tempo track along with the track data so it's actually usable?

I understand there is a separate "Import Tempo Track" menu function, but it won't import tempo tracks directly from Cubase project files (confusing). You have to first Export Tempo Track from the source project before it can be imported. Which is a total time waster when you're dealing with lots of projects.

I mean, when you import a MIDI file, it brings in track data and tempo data at the locator position. I would hope/expect Import Tracks From Project to work the same way. It would certainly make it infinitely more useful.

Please, Steiny! :mrgreen:

(and while we're at it, there's numerous other related feature requests I'd love, like Shift+selecting series of tracks in the Import Tracks window. Having to individually tick/untick series of tracks is insanely tedious! And the list goes on...)
Steffan Andrews | Composer for Film/TV | Custom iPad control surface developer | website | imdb
DAW: Mac Pro 6,1 (trashcan) 3.5GHz 6-core 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD, macOS 10.13.6, Cubase 10.0.30 rc3, Cubase 10.5.0 a2, Dorico 2.1
Converters/Monitoring: UA Apollo Duo Thunderbolt x 2, Apollo 16 Thunderbolt, Focal Twin6/Sub6
Gear: Vertigo VSM-2, Pultec EQM-1S3 pair, Manley Massive Passive, Neve Portico II Master Buss Processor, Manley ELOP, Manley Nu Mu, API 2500, Smart C2, Dangerous Compressor, Millennia STT-1 & HV-3C, Aurora GTQ2 x 2, Manley Core, Neumann M149 / U87ai / TLM170R pair / KM184 mt, Schoeps CMC64 stereo pair, Gefell UM70S, AT5040 & AT5045, Yamaha CP33, 5 iPads running custom DAW control surface software

dmbaer

Re: Import Tracks From Project - please let us import tempo track

Post by dmbaer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 pm

orchetect wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 pm
I understand there is a separate "Import Tempo Track" menu function, but it won't import tempo tracks directly from Cubase project files (confusing). You have to first Export Tempo Track from the source project before it can be imported. Which is a total time waster when you're dealing with lots of projects.
Less work than exporting and importing would be copy and paste of the tempo track, which is a little more work than a direct import, but not all that much work.
David Baer

Hardware: Intel I7 4-core hyper-threaded; 8M RAM; Dual hard drives; Roland Quad Capture
DAW: Cubase 7.5 64-bit (and SONAR X2 64-bit)
Synths and effects: More than I care to contemplate, but only the 64-bit stuff ever gets used

seahawk

Re: Import Tracks From Project - please let us import tempo track

Post by seahawk » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:49 pm

+1

Importing older Cubase projects into my current template at the moment, using 'Import Tracks From Project'.

Being able to import the project's tempo track in one go would be much more convenient!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”