The Old "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one...

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
eddiemacarthur

The Old "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one...

Post by eddiemacarthur » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Years ago I asked for ARA integration for Melodyne in Cubase. Anybody who doesn't use it doesn't need to use it, but for us Melodyne users it makes the editing and creative process much better and faster. I use it with ARA in Presonus Studio One if I'm working on a track that has a lot of vocals. Sonar has (had?) it. And now it's been announced that Logic is getting ARA.
Of all the new stuff that's been added to Cubase in the last few updates, I would gladly have swapped all of them (loopmash?) for ARA.
So I may as well ask again.
P.S. At this point someone will mention Vari-audio. I do use Vari-audio when clients are in a massive hurry, but Melodyne still sounds better and can do polyphonic edits.
I'm liking Cubase 9.5. But Cubase 10 with ARA I'd REALLY like!
Ed
Stealth Recording Studio
PC, windows 7 & 8.1 64 bit. Cubase 7.07, 7.5, 8 Pro. MOTU 2408 x 3 Audio I/O
www.stealthrecordingstudio.com

ColinPark

Re: The Old "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one...

Post by ColinPark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Cubase isn't the only DAW to lack ARA. PreSonus was in on the development, so Studio 1 has it. Reaper is renowned for adaptability, and they say they will have it in the next update. Protools users are asking when they'll have ARA integration. Only Sonar and Samplitude seem to have joined PreSonus, and Sonar just bought the farm. So Steinberg is hardly unusual in this respect.

That said, ARA integration is my most valued feature request as well. It seems a lot of companies are working on it. Perhaps Steinberg is too. It would be an important selling point, and good for customer retention. I've been looking into running Reaper on the side, primarily because of ARA integration and bus widths capable of exporting ambisonics above first order. However, I don't see it as worth the investment at this time. I hope that by the time I'm truly ready for such features, Cubase will have them.
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 9.5.50 [build 345], HALion 6, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet; Ozone 8 Adv, Neutro 2 Adv, Rx7 Std; Sonarworks Ref 4.

eddiemacarthur

Post by eddiemacarthur » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Just read that ARA2 is nearing release. Apparently easier for developers to integrate. Logic will have ARA2 based features...

Starsprinkler

Post by Starsprinkler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

I just read this about ARA 2:
The new ARA 2 specification allows, among other things, the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, the transfer of chord track information between the DAW and the plug-in, seamless clip borders that make the manual setting of crossfades superfluous, Undo interlocking with the DAW, and much else besides.
http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-ara2

It's very interesting that ARA 2 supports transfer of Chord track information, since currently no other DAW than Cubase/Nuendo (that I know) have a Chord track... Still, while the article mentions that ARA 2 has been announced for Studio One, Reaper and Logic, there's no mentioning of Cubase. But it does not say that this is the full list, and Steinberg hardly ever reveals their plans beforehand.

Please also support the big feature request thread for ARA here:
viewtopic.php?f=252&t=108207

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi eddiemacathur,

I give you 100% credit for this wonderful idea. Can we combine these so we don't have two threads for the same suggestion?

01w

Post by 01w » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:04 am

Steinberg won’t do it, they’re trying to push their outdated variaudio still
i7-8700k, Corsair 32GB, Gigabyte Z390 X, Samsung 970 2TB m.2 ssd, Samsung evo 850 2TB sata ssd,

marQs

Post by marQs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 am

That sounds promising what Celemony says about ARA2 + easier integration! The latest Logic update has it - c'mon, Steinberg, implement it! In the 9.5 cycle, please! It's long overdue!
Cubase 10 | WL 9.5 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo/Quad | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

JClosed

Post by JClosed » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:57 am

Well - I have read in "software" section on the Cakewalk forum that someone involved with Steinberg said it was discussed. He strongly suggests that the coming of ARA to Cubase was fully possible. If I combine that with the mention of Chord Track information exchange between DAW and Melodyne in the ARA2 specs, I think it's fully possible (and even very likely) that we will see ARA2 in Cubase.

When it will happen is everybody's guess, but I think chances are high ARA2 support will indeed come to Cubase.

I do not think Melodyne is a huge "concurrent" for VariAudio. Do not forget VariAudio is already part of Cubase for "free", and Melodyne is not exactly cheap to buy (at least if you want more than the mere bare bone basic version that's not that much better than VariAudio).

EngineerJD

Post by EngineerJD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:45 pm

+1 on this thread too, also a Melodyne and Vocalign user.

eddiemacarthur

Post by eddiemacarthur » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:55 am

Quinn3k3 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm
Hi eddiemacathur,

I give you 100% credit for this wonderful idea. Can we combine these so we don't have two threads for the same suggestion?

Yes it makes sense. But I beat you to it by a few weeks! :-) So that's over 4 years we have been asking and been ignored... Ed

viewtopic.php?f=198&t=48117&p=292984&hilit=ARA#p292984

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 pm

You're not being "ignored". ARA has been around for over 5 years, yet only 3 big name DAWs had implemented ARA support before December of last year. That should make it pretty obvious that it's not easy to implement.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 am

Hi Eddie,

I wasn't trying to dispute your claim. Your original thread was in the lounge so I didn't see it here in the feature request and suggestion area. I would have supported your thread if I had seen it. Just didn't understand the idea of splitting the support between the two threads for the exact same request. It seems like it would gain more attention if we had a higher number of posts in one thread.

I like the name of your thread too. I guess we should call this one "The Original "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one....":

viewtopic.php?f=198&t=14403&hilit=ARA

We probably should also add disclaimers to both of our threads giving full credit for this idea to Audiocave before he takes legal action against us. Due to this shocking revelation, I have to retract my earlier post giving you 100% credit for this marvelous idea. I apologize for not doing the proper research before making that statement.

Regardless, I hope your request gets implemented. Now I'm headed back to my "The Newer But With Way More Support Because I Posted It In The Area Where It Probably Belongs "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one...." ;)

eddiemacarthur

Post by eddiemacarthur » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:05 am

Romantique Tp wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 pm
You're not being "ignored". ARA has been around for over 5 years, yet only 3 big name DAWs had implemented ARA support before December of last year. That should make it pretty obvious that it's not easy to implement.

If a customer of a company asks repeatedly for a feature to be added (over a period of 4 years) and NEVER gets any kind of response from the company (Not even "Sorry, it is hard to implement") then technically they are being ignored!

eddiemacarthur

Post by eddiemacarthur » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 am

Quinn3k3 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 am
Hi Eddie,

I wasn't trying to dispute your claim. Your original thread was in the lounge so I didn't see it here in the feature request and suggestion area. I would have supported your thread if I had seen it. Just didn't understand the idea of splitting the support between the two threads for the exact same request. It seems like it would gain more attention if we had a higher number of posts in one thread.

I like the name of your thread too. I guess we should call this one "The Original "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one....":

viewtopic.php?f=198&t=14403&hilit=ARA

We probably should also add disclaimers to both of our threads giving full credit for this idea to Audiocave before he takes legal action against us. Due to this shocking revelation, I have to retract my earlier post giving you 100% credit for this marvelous idea. I apologize for not doing the proper research before making that statement.

Regardless, I hope your request gets implemented. Now I'm headed back to my "The Newer But With Way More Support Because I Posted It In The Area Where It Probably Belongs "I want ARA integration with Cubase" one...." ;)
I was only kidding. I fully support your thread. And Audiocave, please spare us the dungeon! :-)

SanderXpander

Post by SanderXpander » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm

As a recent Sonar refugee the lack of ARA is a giant pain in the ass. I own Melodyne Studio and the way Sonar incorporated Melodyne through ARA was/is awesome. Including tempo extraction and multitrack editing. For my workflow with lots of vocals I'm still torn between Cubase and StudioOne. I bought both over Christmas but have to really dig in and decide which one will take over as main DAW. Cubase seems really, really well feature in the midi department and as I run a small production studio that really speaks to me. But with all due respect to VariAudio, I didn't buy Melodyne Studio (and VocAlign) for no reason.

So another strong vote for ARA, PLEASE make this available for Cubase. I really don't think I can go back to the roundabout way of editing vocals that we all did before ARA sped things up so much.

austinhaynesmusic

Post by austinhaynesmusic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 am

Steinberg, please integrate ARA!

paulb

Post by paulb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

How about the possibility that Apple might just buy Celemony? ....and bundle Melodyne with Logic? ...and stop developing Melodyne for Windows?

Now would be a good time for Steinberg to make that a less likely possibility, by becoming another ARA-supported platform.

Or maybe Apple agreed to put ARA in Logic, but the deal says 'in future, no more non-ARA DAWs or Windows platforms to be developed or supported by Celemony'? I wouldn't put that sort of behaviour past Apple Corp.
Last edited by paulb on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7,16Gb RAM, SSDs, Focusrite Saffire56 and Scarlett 18i20, Celemony Melodyne

yeahimsteve

Post by yeahimsteve » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am

+1,000,000 and then some. It's got to happen with Cubase. Absolute must.

01w

Post by 01w » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 am

Cubase needs ARA2
i7-8700k, Corsair 32GB, Gigabyte Z390 X, Samsung 970 2TB m.2 ssd, Samsung evo 850 2TB sata ssd,

austinhaynesmusic

Post by austinhaynesmusic » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am

Add ARA2 to Cubase please.

SF_Green

Post by SF_Green » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:00 am

Yes, please. ARA2 in Cubase🏆🎇✨
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, Wavelab Elements 9.5.50, Live 10.0.6 Suite, Reason 10.3, SonarPt-2017.10, Finale 25, Komplete10 Ult, Omnisphere 2.6, BFD3, ARP Omni, many things with strings.
RME FireFace 800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77), Adam A7X, UAD-2 Quad, Roland A-800 PRO, CC121, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, Maschine MkII, POD HD500
AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, Win 10 x64 v1809, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600
GeForce GTX 950 (425.31), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb
GrSltz My Studio

skillet

Post by skillet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Yes please ARA I too have been begging for this. So nice to see that Logic 10.4 included this feature. Fingers crossed for this addition to Cubase 10! As others have said it will help with VocAlign as well. https://www.synchroarts.com/products/vo ... o/overview
OSX Version 10.11.6 | Mac Pro (Late 2013) | Processor: 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 | Memory: 32 GB 1866 Mhz DDR3 ECC

Cubase 9.0.20 | Nuendo 7.1.30 + Expansion Kit | Pro Tools 12.8 | Logic 10.3 | Digital Performer 8.0.7 | Ableton Live 9.7

Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44 | MIDI Interface:MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV; MIDIMan 1x1 | MIDI Keyboard: M-Audio Venom Keyboard, Roland A-33; Kork Nano Key | Control Surface: MCU (Mackie Control Universal); Korg Nano Kontrol; PreSonus FaderPort; Shuttle Pro 2

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:07 am

I hate ARA. I prefer Melodyne.
"They told us all they wanted... Was a sound that could kill someone from a distance..." (Kate Bush, Experiment IV)
"Kennst du schon das Handbuch?" ^^
"Wenn du anfängst, mit einem Programm wie Cubase zu arbeiten, dann solltest du mindestens einmal das Handbuch von Anfang bis Ende durchlesen -
du wirst dabei so viele Tipps und Tricks entdecken, die dir wirklich helfen, deinen Stil für die Arbeit mit dem Programm zu entwickeln. " (Junkie XL)

skillet

Post by skillet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Centralmusic wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:07 am
I hate ARA. I prefer Melodyne.
oca???

Celemony the makers of Melodyne invented ARA so you could more quickly and easily use Melodyne in your DAW of choice without realtime play and so it was tempo aware rather than a single moment in time and to do more accurate advance features like drag out notes to MIDI and change tempos without having to rerecord audio back into Melodyne. Perhaps you are confusing ARA with their native pitch correction version. I personally love a lot of things about both and love that the native version is chord track aware and do like the way it processes some things. I want the more advanced feature so DNA and the better pitch transition control to name just a few of the many great things about Melodyne.

http://www.celemony.com/en/service1/abo ... chnologies
OSX Version 10.11.6 | Mac Pro (Late 2013) | Processor: 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 | Memory: 32 GB 1866 Mhz DDR3 ECC

Cubase 9.0.20 | Nuendo 7.1.30 + Expansion Kit | Pro Tools 12.8 | Logic 10.3 | Digital Performer 8.0.7 | Ableton Live 9.7

Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44 | MIDI Interface:MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV; MIDIMan 1x1 | MIDI Keyboard: M-Audio Venom Keyboard, Roland A-33; Kork Nano Key | Control Surface: MCU (Mackie Control Universal); Korg Nano Kontrol; PreSonus FaderPort; Shuttle Pro 2

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi Skillet,

I think Central is confused about ARA because or he is purposely giving everyone a hard time. Check out his posts in the other ARA thread if you have a few free minutes.

viewtopic.php?f=252&t=108207&start=150

I hope it is the former and, if so, I hope he educates himself on this technology before continuing to post about it. If it is the latter, he needs to find something more productive to do with his time.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”