Return to Cubase

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
AndyThommen

Return to Cubase

Post by AndyThommen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:02 am

Hi.

I left Cubase on ver. 8, and now for a project I was asked to work on Cubase again.

Quick questions (considering buying 9.5):

- Dongle still required? No way to authorise a machine? (in case: dongles still giant in size?)
- Does Cubase 9.5 run on High Sierra (officially I know...but...)?

Thank you for taking time to answer.

Andy
SW: Cubase 8.0.20, OSX 10.13.1, MacMookPro (mid 2014), 15", 2.2GHz i7, 16GB, 256GBSSD, UAD Apollo8 TB Quad + Satellite Quad

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Return to Cubase

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:17 am

The USB-eLicenser dongle is still required, but the current model is much smaller and resistant (a bit smaller than the new iLok):
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... ongle-key-

Cubase 9.5 does run on High Sierra, but this isn't officially supported and you might run into a few oddities. If possible, it might be a good idea to revert to the previous version of Mac OS X for now.

You probably have already heard about it, but Cubase 9.5 has better graphical performance on OS X than previous versions, and it's only going to get better when the 9.5.10 update is released.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

djw

Re: Return to Cubase

Post by djw » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:17 am
the current model is much smaller and resistant
I guess I can confirm that as I dropped it on the floor last night.
🥕

Return to “Presales”