Confusion over Education license status

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
poet

Confusion over Education license status

Post by poet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi,
Hope you can help.

I recently bought Artist 9.0 with an educational license to go with my course.
When I activated it - it said my vendor had arranged an upgrade for me which gave me a link to download 9.5 - all went well there.

However, I have been asked if I can release one of my tracks as a commercial product, so had been hoping to manually upgrade to 9.5 and pay to pick up a commercial license.

After the upgrade, my Cubase says it is 9.5 with no mention of educational version, but my elicenser says 9.5 educational.

Is there path I can use to change my license to a commercial one? I always thought you had to buy an upgrade to the latest version to pick up a commercial license, which my vendor prevented me doing with the automated upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin.Jirsak
Grand Master

Re: Confusion over Education license status

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi and welcome,

You have an EDU version. Important is the license, not how is the applications named.

You are right, any upgrade change the EDU license to the commercial one. In your case it seems you have no other option than upgrade from Artist to Pro.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

poet

Post by poet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I would LOVE to upgrade to Pro, just can't afford it.

I guess I'll have to redo the project in FL Studio. I have the stems and the midi and can redo the automation, but the mix is going to be tough.
I found that I adore the Cubase mixer - I was just hard slamming tracks into buses and they still sounded great, not something you can get away with in FL.

Thanks again for the response anyway.
Cheers.

hesca116

Post by hesca116 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi Poet,

I´d strongly recommend to start saving for Cubase Pro. It lets you get away with murder during mixing, with its 72 plugins, including M/S processing, multiband compression, and convolution reverb. Its insane.

Good luck!

Return to “Presales”