Cubase 9 upgrade offer - not valid for PRO owners?

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
jbienstman

Cubase 9 upgrade offer - not valid for PRO owners?

Post by jbienstman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi,

I really wanted to get this cleared out and hope that a Steinberg representative will answer. After reading the announcement - I was actually trying to buy an upgrade for my Pro 8 version to Pro 9 - redeeming the "UPGRADE17" code in the shop when I noticed there was no 40% off!

then I read the "literal" small print on the News Item: "To qualify for the Cubase Pro 9 upgrade offer, one of the following products is required: Cubase Artist 6/6.5/7/7.5/8/8.5/9, Cubase Elements/LE/AI/Essential/Studio/SX/SL or Sequel"

I couldn't believe it - until I read other posts on this forum - decided to register simply to ask this:

- What is the commercial reasoning behind this? Because I'm a Pro Owner I can afford the full price - Well maybe I own a pro version, but that doesn't mean I make money with my music, so 40% off was exactly what I was waiting for to get up to date... Will there be a separate sale for PRO owners (soon)?

Cheers,

J.

Romantique Tp

Re: Cubase 9 upgrade offer - not valid for PRO owners?

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:52 pm

The sale you are looking for was in late June. https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... offer.html

If you go to your MySteinberg, you can subscribe to their newsletter to avoid missing future discounts.
;)

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Sundayforsammy

Post by Sundayforsammy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 pm

It is all in the naming, Steinberg call the offers two different things,
update = like for like pro 8.5 to pro 9 etc
Upgrade = from one type to another eg. elements to artist etc.

you just need to get the timing right on the discount offers as they are both usually available but just get offered at different times.
Cubase Pro 9 i7 3630QM Clevo P170EM Laptop PC - 16gb ram - 128 SSD OS hard drive - 1Tb Data Hard Drive - Windows 10 home - Motu 828mk3 Audio Interface - Roland SC880 Midi module - KRK Rockit 3 monitors, Alesis DM6 drum kit and a few guitars and a broken keyboard.

wamto

Post by wamto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:39 pm

the last cubase 8.5 pro upgrade offer to 9 was never in news feed of 2017 :roll: ,

lastdarkstar

Post by lastdarkstar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:00 am

Yeah I didnt see it anywhere, *quiz* me right off too

RRL

Post by RRL » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:43 am

Yep, me three. I didn't see it offered anywhere. I would have jumped on it.

Return to “Presales”