Is Cubase 9 more or less buggy than 8 and 8.5?

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Delicieuxz

Is Cubase 9 more or less buggy than 8 and 8.5?

Post by Delicieuxz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Working with large projects, there's no such thing as a bug-free project in Cubase 8 and 8.5. Particularly irritating bugs I regularly encounter are random sub-folders not solo / muting / unmuting when their parent folder is given a command, and also routing issues, with custom buses not passing signal to their directed tracks and outputs. It takes creative usage of working buses to get music recorded despite that issue, multi-purposing those buses and changing their targets throughout a project.

Of course, there are other bugs that are encountered here and there, and Cubase 8 / 8.5 is by no means a highly polished product, when it comes to bugs. I think that Steinberg need to take a break from the annual feature addition releases and instead just spend one entire year working on solving bugs in Cubase - and even then, I think that Cubase would be only reasonably solid.

One of the main incentives there could be for me to buy Cubase 9 is if it has become a notably more bug-free product. I think I'm already done with buying any Steinberg software that doesn't already have multiple patches out for it, but even with a couple of patches, Cubase 8.5 still had bugs that interfere with basic usability. I have just installed the 8.5.30 patch, so I don't yet know if it offers a better experience.

Anyway, my question is: Is Cubase 9 more solid and bug-free than previous Cubase versions? What are some of the significant bugs to be aware of? Have any long-standing issues finally be addressed in Cubase 9?

Martin.Jirsak
Grand Master

Re: Is Cubase 9 more or less buggy than 8 and 8.5?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi,

Solo / Mute area had not been touched.

In general, the amount of the bugs seems to be approximately the same.

Do you know a developers (all) paradigma? 1 bug fix brings 2 new bugs. ;-)
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

Delicieuxz

Post by Delicieuxz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Martin.Jirsak wrote:Hi,

Solo / Mute area had not been touched.
Ah, that's too bad.
In general, the amount of the bugs seems to be approximately the same.

Do you know a developers (all) paradigma? 1 bug fix brings 2 new bugs. ;-)
Having a more bug-free product would be the best new "feature" I could think of for Cubase. I guess I'll stick with 8.5 for now.

keyman_sam

Post by keyman_sam » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:39 am

This is the reason I'm still on v7.5 though I activated v8 and could buy v9.5.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drag and drop from Cubase to anywhere else & vice-versa: http://vstxmltranslator.blogspot.com/

Primary: ASUS P8Z68-V LX INTEL Z68 CROSSFIRE, i7-2600K 3.40 GHz, 20 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB (Samples), 1 TB (Audio), nVidia GTX 750 Ti, GT520, Win 7 x64, NI Komplete 9, iZotope MPB, Cubase stock plugins
VEP Slave: i7 920, 16 GB RAM, no sound card, Win 7 x64. Runs Omnisphere, EW CC, Kontakt

DAW: Cubase 7.5.4

RME HDSP 9652 (main) <-> RME Babyface (ADAT frontend)

Return to “Presales”