Cubase Pro 9 licenses acquired via fraud sold on eBay

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
ceanganb

Re: Cubase Pro 9 licenses acquired via fraud sold on eBay

Post by ceanganb » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:04 am

Still curious about this one. How would he get licenses from Steinberg.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steinberg-Cubas ... 0011.m1850
A. C.
Cubase 9.5 / Windows 10 Home x64 / M-Audio Fast Track C400
Intel Core i7 2700K / 32GB RAM DDR3 1333 Mhz / Asus P8H67-M EVO

djw

Post by djw » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 pm

This is mostly done through credit card fraud afaik. With stolen CC numbers they buy licenses, the money transfer fails because the credit card company realizes it's stolen, then the license is blocked but they still sell it.
🥕
Specs: Latest versions of Cubase Pro, Dorico, WaveLab Pro, Windows 10, AMD Phenom II 1100T, 8GB RAM, AMD R9 390, YS CI1

BronzeOrbiter7

Post by BronzeOrbiter7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am

I was stupid enough to fall for this and ordered from him 2 days ago. I still haven't received my order but obviously want a refund now, not sure what I should do... Looks like i might have to wait for the item to arrive before requesting a refund.

ceanganb

Post by ceanganb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm glad I decided to go through Steinberg itself.

@BronzeOrbiter7, contact both Paypal and Ebay.
A. C.

BronzeOrbiter7

Post by BronzeOrbiter7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm

ceanganb wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I've contacted Ebay and they say I have to wait until the item gets delivered - or if i don't receive it by the 6th - before I can get any money back. Haven't contacted Paypal, not sure if that would do any good at this stage, I think I will wait.

I'm shocked that this seller is still on Ebay to be honest. The person I talked to on phone to said they have reported them as fraudulent anyway.

As for me, one i get all this sorted out I'm going to buy directly through Steinberg. I've learnt my lesson with prices that look to good to be true.

ceanganb

Post by ceanganb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

BronzeOrbiter7 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm
ceanganb wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I've contacted Ebay and they say I have to wait until the item gets delivered - or if i don't receive it by the 6th - before I can get any money back. Haven't contacted Paypal, not sure if that would do any good at this stage, I think I will wait.

I'm shocked that this seller is still on Ebay to be honest. The person I talked to on phone to said they have reported them as fraudulent anyway.

As for me, one i get all this sorted out I'm going to buy directly through Steinberg. I've learnt my lesson with prices that look to good to be true.
Yep, hope they solve it ASAP for you. I've been this close to get an upgrade from Ebay too, quite tempting and the fraud is not crystal clear.
A. C.

snailovercello

Post by snailovercello » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Same here...

I bought the license(CUbase Pro 9) from the same guy...went through quite an ordeal communicating back and forth with the seller. I guess through total dumb determination I finally retrieved the licenses from him. So, the licenses he gave me successfully downloaded. I have registered with Steinberg, and I have no problems so far running Cubase. But low and behold I came across this forum just to see if anyone else experienced what I have.

I have emailed Steinberg support with an inquiry regarding my e-Licenser and I guess I'll find out what they have to say about it. - TBC...

UPDATE!!!!! 9 November 2017;

Got a response from Steinberg support.

Steinberg Support Group supportreply@yamaha.com via z6bwrzc7cizcky7m.sbc5psu.3-f1zeae.na44.bnc.salesforce.com
3:38 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Hello Robert,

The USB eLicenser is showing as active on my end and there is nothing unusual about the license. It looks like you purchased a legitimate copy.

I believe this should resolve your request so you may receive a survey. That said, if you’re still experiencing difficulty please reply directly to this e-mail and I’d be happy to assist further.

Thank you for contacting the Steinberg US Support team.

Alexandra Auvinen
Steinberg US Support
Support Line: 844-358-4022

If I see anything strange, I'll be sure to update here again.

InanimateCrbnRod

Post by InanimateCrbnRod » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 am

I have been pulling my hair out since the 9.5 upgrade because I found out my license has been disabled for the same reason! I bought from Mr Shivers on Ebay months ago and when I went to upgrade to 9.5 I found out that it was fraudulent. I am still waiting to hear back from Steinberg support but I honestly don't know what to do if they won't activate my USB again. I've bought a new USB and purchased the upgrade to 9.5 from steinberg. I cannot afford to buy a brand new full copy of Cubase as well, and I don't know how to get my money back from ebay since i purchased it maybe 4 or 5 months ago.

vaterdrum

Post by vaterdrum » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:10 pm

it's been over 7 months since this thread started and the guy is still selling Cubase on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEINBERG-CUBA ... SwB4BaDk2Y

I'am a victim also, I found out my dongle was blocked 180 days after purchase on ebay and Im no eligible for a refund. So i lost my money.
Shame on Steinberg and their team for letting this scam goes for so long and all they do is block customers licenses instead going on this ebay seller.

Romantique Tp

Post by Romantique Tp » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:22 am

If it's still up then it's probably eBay that's the problem.
;)

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Presales”