VST peak overload

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Famebound

VST peak overload

Post by Famebound » Mon May 06, 2019 6:10 am

Hi everyone!

I am encountering a problem with Cubase to the point where I do not want to touch it. :cry: I am running Cubase 9 Elements, with the latest version of Kontakt to run my Get Good Drums Modern and Massive.

The problem that I am running into is when I'm recording or even play back at this point, there is a certain point in the song where the song fully clips out and comes back. I've already pinpointed it to Kontakt. If I mute all the other tracks and just let Kontakt play...the VST performance meter peaks all the way to the red in the same place of the song. When it does this an error message comes up " an audio dropout has been detected" and it freezes the entire session. I have tried everything from updating my audio driver, turning off ASIO guard ( which removed the error from popping up ) but the issue still persists. It has gotten to the point that doing any work in Cubase is practically impossible, and I am seriously considering a new DAW.

Please anyone, help.

c28560

Re: VST peak overload

Post by c28560 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Have you tried increasing the number of buffers to a high value in the ASIO driver settings ?
Cubase Elements 10.0.20
Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF8 Editor, YC-3B Organ VST, MOXF8 Remote Editor
Steinberg: The Grand 3.1, Halion Symphonic Orchestra ,Hypnotic Dance,PadShop Pro,Zero Gravity Sound Set
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.6 + lots of plugins from pluginguru.com
Toontracks EZKeys
Acer laptop with Intel Core I5, Samsung 500GB SSD, 8GM Ram, Windows 8.1 (Auto update: off), 22.5" LG monitor (1080p)

Famebound

Post by Famebound » Sat May 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Yes I have, at maximum the problem stills persists.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Is it Kontakt in general or a specific Kontakt Library?

Try Rendering in Place the part to audio. Does the problem go away?

Make sure to set Multiprocessing ON in Cubase / Studio Setup / VST Audio
And set Multiprocessing OFF in Kontakt settings. Turning it on in both causes problems.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.20, Win7 Home Premium 64bit (downgraded after disastrous Win10 upgrade), Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Return to “General”