Join us to learn about skateboard trucks

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
jaclynspradling

Join us to learn about skateboard trucks

Post by jaclynspradling » Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Some people know about skateboard trucks, some don't. How does skateboard trucks work in skateboarding? This is an all-in-one tutorial for you.
You own a skateboard, though you have rided for a long time, but do not know the benefits that skateboard trucks bring. Trucks have a very important role in riding your board. See also: https://skateadvisors.com/what-size-tru ... -need.html

If you understand the details of each part and trucks parameters such as height, size, bushing style, you will choose suitable trucks and help your skateboard work better, you will also learn faster. and ride better.

Please read our article carefully, the article will give accurate information of each part, their use and how to use it appropriately. This will also help you replace a new trucks set because you have a good understanding of it now.

Height
You will notice that some trucks are high and some are low. This depends on how much room is in between the hanger and the base plate of the truck. Depending on the level of height change between the ground and your board, this is also a factor when choosing the skateboard wheel size. With different personal preferences of each person will lead to different truck selection, but there are some background knowledge as follows:

+ High Trucks: Suitable for wheels from 56mm upwards
+ Mid Trucks: Should use wheels from 53-56mm, suitable for skatepark skating & around street
+ Low Trucks: Suitable for smaller wheels, suitable for flip tricks & street skating.

Width
Trucks have 2 parts that can be measured. The first is hanger and then the axle. The inside of truck is hanger, your grinding area is the area of this surface. With what you are grinding, they are exposed to part of the truck. Each truck manufacturer has their own size specifications, which can be confusing to buy a truck because it has too many sizes, so you only need to understand the truck size chart carefully You will know the parameters quickly, it is not difficult.

Material
Baseplate aluminum hangar & steel axles: these are common standard materials of truck. Different materials will make grinds, rides and flips different. Here are some of the prevailing materials sold in skateboard stores
+ Magnesium
+ Titanium
+ Aluminum
+ Steel

Kingpin
This is the backbone of the truck. Sometimes Kingpin will be broken but its advantages are extremely easy to replace and repair.

Bushings
The skateboard stores often sell trucks along with bushing, but you can buy the truck separately to your liking. Some basic parameters:
+ Hard Bushings (From 98a or more) - For street skating
+ Medium Bushings (Between 92 - 97a) - For all around skating conditions
+ Soft Bushings (lighter than 92a) - lighter weight riders or cruising

Related post: Top The Best skateboard for beginners 2019
Last edited by jaclynspradling on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Can I run Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist on the same machine?

Post by Prock » Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Should be no issue. I used to run a version of CB LE and CB 7. You probably will need a license for both though as they are different versions.

FYI... I periodically will run CB Pro 10 and CB Pro 9.5 at the same time working different projects. No issues either. Only one license for the CB Pro 10 allows you to run previous older Cubase(s) of the same version level.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Fri May 03, 2019 1:50 pm

jaclynspradling wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm
Assume it won't interfere with my Cubase Pro 9.5 already installed on my computer, if I d/l and install Cubase Artist?
If you have an Artist license on the eLicenser.
You already have downloaded and installed all files that are necessary for Artiust with your Pro version.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 pm

jaclynspradling wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm
Assume it won't interfere with my Cubase Pro 9.5 already installed on my computer, if I d/l and install Cubase Artist?
What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.20, Win7 Home Premium 64bit (downgraded after disastrous Win10 upgrade), Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Return to “General”