Running Cubase on two computers

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
ajandrulonis

Running Cubase on two computers

Post by ajandrulonis » Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 am

I have Cubase Elements 9.5 on my laptop. I may be getting a desktop for permanent use in my home studio but I still like to mix and edit on my laptop. Am I able to use a USB Licenser and use Cubase on both computers? Or am I required to buy another license for the new computer? No one will be using the program except for me.

cameron206

Re: Running Cubase on two computers

Post by cameron206 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:50 am

i5 2500k / win10 / CubasePro9 / WavelabElements9 / iconQconPro

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

It's currently only possible to have a Cubase license installed on one computer at a time. You can move the license to other computers by either reactivating it or by using an USB eLicenser dongle, which allows you to move your licenses without having to connect to the internet.

Steinberg is currently working on a new protection system that will give you a lot more freedom.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

venkmon

Post by venkmon » Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 pm

ajandrulonis wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 am
I have Cubase Elements 9.5 on my laptop. I may be getting a desktop for permanent use in my home studio but I still like to mix and edit on my laptop. Am I able to use a USB Licenser and use Cubase on both computers? Or am I required to buy another license for the new computer? No one will be using the program except for me.

Yes, but you won't be able to have them running both at the same time, as you have to have the dipsh it-dongle plugged in and Steinberg only issue one per licence. Very archaic way of doing things tbh.

dayzk

Post by dayzk » Wed May 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am
Steinberg is currently working on a new protection system that will give you a lot more freedom.
Does anyone know the status of the above comment? Steinberg, anyone? And is the only way still to move my dongle physically from one machine to the other? And not have Cubase open used only by me on two different machines?

Thanks

golgot13

Post by golgot13 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:25 am

dayzk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:32 pm
Romantique Tp wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am
Does anyone know the status of the above comment? Steinberg, anyone? And is the only way still to move my dongle physically from one machine to the other? And not have Cubase open used only by me on two different machines?

Thanks
Any news on this from Steinberg ???!!!

Return to “General”