Help creating macro for enabling/disabling MIDI tracks in VEPro

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
KatieW

Re: Help creating macro for enabling/disabling MIDI tracks in VEPro

Post by KatieW » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm

-steve- wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Note that the Enable/Disable track command is a toggle, so watch out for them getting out of sync, the two functions are not aware of one another. Hope that makes sense, let me know.
Hi Steve. The above answer to Max was re a different setup, but can you tell me if I need to, and how to, make sure my pedal is not sending conflicting messages for the current state of my VEP automation? ie if the instrument channel is already disabled, and a Disable message comes in, it could be causing the crashing of VEP?

Also, I have not found answers to my queries above, ie:

Using a pedal as a GR toggle, Should I have the Midi controller set as both Input and Output?

What settings do I use for the Flags in both upper (Receive, Transmit, Relative, Pickup) and lower pane (Pushbutton, Toggle, Not automated) of GR.

Should I start a new thread for these questions?

Thanks
Write/produce small orchestral/acoustic/vocal music for own enjoyment
Cubase Elements 8 and Pro 9.5.21, VEPro 6 GPO/Aria, HSO/HSSE, VSL SE Strings, Woodwinds
MacMini late 2012 2.3GHz 16GB RAM 500GB SSD 1TB HD SATA 5400rpm-VEPro slave
iMac late 2009 2.6GHz 8GB RAM , 500GB SSD- DAW Octacapture 12/10 out (co-axial pair + MIDI I/O)
Roland RD500 81key piano/midi controller, Casio Privia PX-320
TECcontrol Bite/Breath controller, Zoom H4 stereo interface

Return to “General”