Is there a preference to have Quantize settings load up differently for every different consecutive project?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
In_Stereo

Is there a preference to have Quantize settings load up differently for every different consecutive project?

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 am

I do a lot of sessions, back-and-forth, all day for my work, and a problem I have is that Cubase doesn't load up the quantize settings used in the individual consecutive projects after you've loaded up the first one -- it instead loads up whatever the quantize settings were in the previous project it had loaded. Is there a preference I'm missing that will remedy this? It's one of those little things that would make a big difference for me in my work flow.
Cubase 9.5, Nuendo 8.0.2, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Sierra 10.12.1 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 32 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Doctor Lupo

Re: Is there a preference to have Quantize settings load up differently for every different consecutive project?

Post by Doctor Lupo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 am

That is one of my biggst annoyances with Cubase. I use the notepad window to mark my quantise settings in projects, but it's inconvenient and I sometimes forget to do it. This should be pretty easy to fix, Steinberg! How about it?
Cubase Pro 9 64bit, H-tosh 4ghz, Yosemite latest, 32gb ram, MOTU 828 mk2, Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, Digidesign 002 rack, MOTU Ultralite mk3

Padshop Pro 1.1.0.134, VSL SE, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Ivory II, EW Play, Korg Kronos X, Yamaha Motif ES6, HALion 3.5.593 (now obsolete, thanks Stberg).

Cubasis - latest

Lots of keyboards, guitars and other noisemakers.

In_Stereo

Re: Is there a preference to have Quantize settings load up differently for every different consecutive project?

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Doctor Lupo wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 am
That is one of my biggst annoyances with Cubase. I use the notepad window to mark my quantise settings in projects, but it's inconvenient and I sometimes forget to do it. This should be pretty easy to fix, Steinberg! How about it?
Agreed. I often having very detailed quantize settings with swing and randomize, etc., that I use globally or as a starting point on an individual project. I'm going to put a Feature Request in, in 5 minutes - can you support it?
Cubase 9.5, Nuendo 8.0.2, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Sierra 10.12.1 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 32 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Return to “General”