Pasting parts inside the Audio Track

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Robingardner

Pasting parts inside the Audio Track

Post by Robingardner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi! I used to have Cubase 9 Pro and then upgraded to 9.5

Really like the upgrade, but I guess some things where changed around so now I hacve to relocate, etc stuff and makes the workflow slower again. Lol!

Anyway, my problem is that when I'm now editing an audio sound file Cubase adds the bit I'm pasting instead of replacing it...? Youk now, it's like you recorded a guitar that is mostly okay but some parts need to be replaced, so you find Another Place in that audio and copy it to replace the "dodgy bit". Used to work like a charm Before but now instead of replacing it adds and so it makes the audio "file longer"... I can't have that...

What button do I press, lol? Seriously, I need help with this if any1 know what Cubase function need to be altered?

//Best regards from, Robin
Computer and OS: Alienware computer w/ Windows 8.1.
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44.
DAW: Cubase Pro 8.
Plug-ins: EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2.0 w/ lots of different drum ezx's, EZmix 2, Waves Gold Bundle and CLA Guitars and Bass.
Guitar: Gibson J-45 Standard acoustic guitar w/ mic, Gibson Studio (Les Paul, old white), Fender Stratocaster (American Standard, black body).
Bass: Gibson Thunderbird (Shortscale, black body) and a Rickenbacker bass (black).
Some other Equipment I use for recording: Marshall JVM 210H 100w amp head w/ a 1960 lead speaker, Peavey 6505 + 50w combo, Marshall 50 W combo, Line 6 Spider amp, Line 6 POD X3 Live, Microphone sX1 by sE Electronics condensator mic and a few different guitar stomp boxes, wha-wha, etc (mostly BOSS).

Martin.Jirsak
Grand Master

Re: Pasting parts inside the Audio Track

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi,

Could you describe your step-by-step repro, please?
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

Return to “General”