automation using "virgin territory" seems broken.. I made a video of the problem

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
entoine

Re: automation using "virgin territory" seems broken.. I made a video of the problem

Post by entoine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:10 pm

I was this morning on skype with another french member, as you, he didn’t understood virgin territories as he never used it and had difficulties to understand its operation mode, and for him it was logical that cubase didn’t recall the values when jumping in blank territories.. so I took time to explain him, with a session and a screen sharing.. showing him how you work with that, he understood, finally, and agreed it was now broken.. and he understood how this was before.. it was only possible because he thought that if I was happy with it for years, maybe it is that is was fine before, and it was him who didn’t understood as he never took time to use « virgin territories » (working exclusively with a mouse).. and he wanted to understand and help to confirm the bug.. you, you’re happy with the bug.. Lol

prokletije

Re: automation using "virgin territory" seems broken.. I made a video of the problem

Post by prokletije » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am

Yes, Virgin Territory in 9.5 IS BROKEN. Simple test: automate a fadeout at the end of the project. Jump to start and start play. Even worse, exporting also ignores the first (automatically added) terminated point as well as all other terminated points so you get a silent exported file until first written automation point shows up which is the start of the fadeout. It isn't supposed to work this way and "fill gaps" is a workaround that completely defeats the point of virgin territory.

entoine

Post by entoine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 pm

thanks prokletije, I’m happy to see someone who understands...

Return to “General”