[CAN-12379] Cubase 9.5 not showing recording waveforms

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Prock

Re: [CAN-12379] Cubase 9.5 not showing recording waveforms

Post by Prock » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm

So the final work around for missing waveforms until CB 9.5.10 is issued is this...

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... re-missing

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: VB3, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Snoe

Post by Snoe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi. Has there been an update on this yet? I'm having the same issue.

Bhavik Patel

Post by Bhavik Patel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Snoe wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm
Hi. Has there been an update on this yet? I'm having the same issue.
Yes. Try 9.5.10 update to fix this.
Go to your Steinberg account asap..

gbbird

Post by gbbird » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello everyone, a newbie here based in the UK using Cubase Elements 8. I recently experienced this disappearing wavelength image problem too, and it was doing my head in. After finishing recording some vocal tracks and 'playing around' with them, several wavelength images disappeared all of a sudden, showing just a thin line. The audio was there and sounded fine, and the correct image appeared when zooming in or opening up the event. Still it bothered me, so i tried the various suggested fixes like deleting peak files & folders, but to no avail. Then by chance and out of desperation, i tried one more thing and it worked; now all is fixed and my project looks perfect again :D

And the fix was - simply add some gain (an infintessimal amount will do it) to the offending event (Audio menu - Process - Gain) and hey presto, the proper wavelength image perfectly reappears, and it stays there :D You can even undo the add gain if you so wish, and the reconstructed image stays.

Hope this helps some of you reclaim your sanity as it did me ;)

planarchist

Post by planarchist » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 am

gbbird wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:55 pm
Hello everyone, a newbie here based in the UK using Cubase Elements 8. I recently experienced this disappearing wavelength image problem too, and it was doing my head in. After finishing recording some vocal tracks and 'playing around' with them, several wavelength images disappeared all of a sudden, showing just a thin line. The audio was there and sounded fine, and the correct image appeared when zooming in or opening up the event. Still it bothered me, so i tried the various suggested fixes like deleting peak files & folders, but to no avail. Then by chance and out of desperation, i tried one more thing and it worked; now all is fixed and my project looks perfect again :D

And the fix was - simply add some gain (an infintessimal amount will do it) to the offending event (Audio menu - Process - Gain) and hey presto, the proper wavelength image perfectly reappears, and it stays there :D You can even undo the add gain if you so wish, and the reconstructed image stays.

Hope this helps some of you reclaim your sanity as it did me ;)
This is not the same issue if you're on Elements 8 as the problem listed here specifically started with the 9.5 version. Glad you got your issue sorted though!
Nic

Cubase Pro 9.5.21, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Tascam US1800, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 9.5.30, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1, Steinberg CI2+, Yamaha THR5.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 1.9.9 iPad Mini 4 64GB

cakass

Post by cakass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks for that. It worked for me. Here is an addendum: The waveforms disappeared after I had been doing a lot of messing about with my project, including importing old version of the track to get the waveforms (which disappeared with further tweaking of track). This has happened to me before with 9.5 and must be a bug. When I applied this trick to a set of separated events on the track, the gain processing seized. When I bounced all the events to create a single new file, the gain trick worked and the waveforms reappeared. Hopes this saves others half the buggeration this problem caused me.
Cubase 9.5, Dell XPS 13 9350, 2.3GHz i5-6200U CPU, 8Gb ram, UR-122 Mkii interface

cakass

Post by cakass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for that. It worked for me. Here is an addendum: The waveforms disappeared after I had been doing a lot of messing about with my project, including importing old version of the track to get the waveforms (which disappeared with further tweaking of track). This has happened to me before with 9.5 and must be a bug. When I applied this trick to one or all of a set of separated events on the track, the gain processing seized. When I bounced all the events to create a single new file, the gain trick worked and the waveforms reappeared. Hopes this saves others half the buggeration this problem caused me.
Cubase 9.5, Dell XPS 13 9350, 2.3GHz i5-6200U CPU, 8Gb ram, UR-122 Mkii interface

Return to “General”