Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
hmpark

Re: Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post by hmpark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:39 am

Hello.
I had the exact same issue.
I use a Magic Mouse 1 as well.
Double clicking was very hard, nearly impossible in Cubase 8.5.
Also, there were some strange behaviors outside of Cubase as well.

I NO LONGER HAVE THIS ISSUE!!!!

This might sound crazy but......
Try your mouse on a surface that is not Black leather veneer or Paper white.

This really worked for me. I am not joking.

Sincerely,

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:46 am

I still have yet to hear back from YAHAMA Australia about this. This is definitely a show-stopper for macOS Sierra users. I'm just happy that El Capitan is at least working, but I hope there's a plan from Steinberg to repair this in an update.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / Windows 10 / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: Intel Core i7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1050, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

extralife

Post by extralife » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Agreed. It is a terrible bug. Please let us know if they do get back to you about it. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:11 pm

No worries. I suggest everyone contact Steinberg via a support ticket about this too. Perhaps you guys have more luck than I do with your country's support team.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / Windows 10 / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: Intel Core i7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1050, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

extralife

Post by extralife » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:04 am

I'm in Australia too. But yes I will tomorrow.

john springate

Post by john springate » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 am

Glad to see I'm the only one-I thought it was me!
Cubase 9 iMac 2011 i7 16Gb Ram Steinberg UR22

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:02 am

extralife wrote:I'm in Australia too. But yes I will tomorrow.
Just sent a follow-up to YAMAHA, it's been 12 days since the last email :(

theryanstrong

Post by theryanstrong » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:21 am

Anyone have any solution to this? I found double clicking can work SOMETIMES when I take my mouse off the mousepad and have it on my hard desk. But that's not a solution... I wonder this problem is at the root?

funksucker

Post by funksucker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:32 pm

This same problem has just started happening with me, in one project (so far) using 8.5 with Windows 10. Very annoying!

theryanstrong

Post by theryanstrong » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Help Steinberg, help!

extralife

Post by extralife » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm

fgimian wrote:
extralife wrote:I'm in Australia too. But yes I will tomorrow.
Just sent a follow-up to YAMAHA, it's been 12 days since the last email :(
I sent an email and still haven't even received a reply?

john springate

Post by john springate » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Ive had the same problem with other issues-they can take a long time
Cubase 9 iMac 2011 i7 16Gb Ram Steinberg UR22

theryanstrong

Post by theryanstrong » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I heard from Steinberg - they are suggesting not to use Apple's Magic Mouse and further to only use a mouse that has a dedicated Scroll Wheel button.

Not sure if that fix will work I haven't tried it but that is what the Steinberg rep is currently telling me.

leroo

Post by leroo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:44 pm

No.... I refuse...
I like the Magic Mouse. And it was working great with previous version of Cubase.
Late 2013 iMac i7 ssd
OSX 10.12.6
Steinberg UR44
Cubase 9.5.30

theryanstrong

Post by theryanstrong » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

leroo wrote:No.... I refuse...
I like the Magic Mouse. And it was working great with previous version of Cubase.
Yeah I responded back with a similar response :) I'll let you know what they say.

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:41 am

That's barely a "solution", the Magic Mouse is the de facto standard for Mac users and like you guys, I really love it (particularly for gestures and horizontal scrolling).

In other news, I'm STILL waiting to hear back from YAMAHA Australia. Well over 1 month later...

extralife

Post by extralife » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 am

Exactly. The magic mouse was fine before. The solution should be Steinberg figure out what is wrong and fix it. What a nonsense response. Also, I still have had no response from YAMAHA Australia either. I'm so close to selling up and going Logic.

beerbong

Post by beerbong » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 am

It's not a mac OS thing, i have it on all versions of Cubase in windows.
I've reported the "e" thing many times but I think it's actually the intented design.. One click is supposed to bring plugin forward, one click moves it to background. Double Click does nothing because it remains at its current place. The result is 1000's of extra clicks all around. I think it could be improved, somehow.

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=97359

FeatReq - here
viewtopic.php?f=252&t=109855

Additionally - combine this issue with the one where a specific plugin (plugin issue) doesn't like to be turned on/off by the mixer - gets pretty frustrating.

cheers
BB - Intel Quad/RME/Nvidia Video, RME Raydat, Win10 Home
Cubase 8.5 64 bit / Cubase 9.5 / Wavelab Elements / Halion 6 / Padshop Pro

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:44 am

I got a reply from YAMAHA Australia after chasing up and leaving a voicemail on their support line:
Steinberg have been unable to replicate this behaviour

I have tried on to mac here and cannot replicate either

It seems to affect certain Macs it may be related to the GUI issues affecting some users but unfortunately no cause has been determined so far

viewtopic.php?f=250&t=108500
I explained that this issue has nothing to do with the GUI issues. I'm currently on El Capitan and everything works as it should. I've been doing lots of production in the last few weeks with Cubase 9 and the clicking behaviour works correctly.

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 am

Hey guys, Steinberg are unable to repro this which is what's holding us back here. If anyone has some time to produce a demonstration video, that will probably help.

I'm back on El Capitan so it's not as easy for me to do without at least installing Sierra on another partition. I'll try to find some time to do that over the weekend but anyone's help would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers
Fotis

Fabio Bartolini

Post by Fabio Bartolini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello,

I was mostly referring to the GUI lag issue in that reply, as the subject of your e-mail was "Mac slow GUI issue - ref. fbmgi16", sorry for the misunderstanding.

However, this is also known, there is a technical reason for that and it's also looked into... someone from Marketing posted the status recently, but I can't find it at the moment, will post it when I manage to find it.

The two fixes I mentioned apply to the GUI lag, the double-click is a separate issue.

Lastly, please note that our correspondence' signatures include the following, thank you:
Privileged / Confidential Information may be contained in this message. You may not copy or
deliver this message to anyone else or use its content for other purposes!
Fabio Bartolini, Test Engineer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

MikeAsh

Post by MikeAsh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Apologies Fabio - I missed that part of the email. I've removed my post.

Fabio Bartolini

Post by Fabio Bartolini » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Mike, no big deal, I could have moderated the post, if it was THAT bad - just a heads-up because it happens that we provide not-yet-public info when replying to e-mails. Feel free to re-post, at least for 'continuity'.
[Edit] The most important thing to note is that I was referring to the GUI lags on Mac when talking about the two improvements in 9.0.20 (this double-click thing might actually be caused by different causes on different systems).

Still looking for that statement, by the way :(
Fabio Bartolini, Test Engineer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:30 am

Fabio Bartolini wrote:Mike, no big deal, I could have moderated the post, if it was THAT bad - just a heads-up because it happens that we provide not-yet-public info when replying to e-mails. Feel free to re-post, at least for 'continuity'.
[Edit] The most important thing to note is that I was referring to the GUI lags on Mac when talking about the two improvements in 9.0.20 (this double-click thing might actually be caused by different causes on different systems).

Still looking for that statement, by the way :(
Hey Fabio, thanks so much for jumping in and helping us. Have the team been able to repro this double click issue or do you need video demonstrations and such? I'm happy to help in any way required as I am concerned about the day I purchase a new mac and am forced to move to Sierra. I'm sure many other MBP 2016 users feel the same way as they are forced to use Sierra.

I have really struggled to get help from YAMAHA Australia, they simply say that Steinberg can't reproduce this problem. It's been well over a month since I raised my case.

Thanks heaps!!
Fotis

bmiles2000

Post by bmiles2000 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:54 pm

Same issue...

Had to update to Sierra for some new hardware, and thought maybe the double clicking was just an issue I was having with Cubase 8. Trialing 9... and nothing has changed. I just bought a new magic mouse from apple like 2 months ago. Using a late 2015 MBP, and EVERYTIME I've upgraded to Sierra... something goes wrong. I swear if I have to downgrade to El Cap again.......

As much as I hate to say it... I think this is primarily an Apple issue (like most things the last couple of years #HeadphonePortFail... )

Hopefully Steinberg can find a fix ASAP!
Brenton Miles
www.keyeye.co

Return to “General”