Pro Tools user looking to Cubase for orchestral work

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Musicmind

Re: Pro Tools user looking to Cubase for orchestral work

Post by Musicmind » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Well I just loaded your template. Now I know - We need! the folders. Thanks for letting us see your efforts ;-)
Musicmind (Mind the Music!)
Mac Pro 6.1 64Gb, Mac Pro 12 48Gb, Mac Pro 8 24Gb, MacBookPro, Apollo interface, Universal Audio (1 card), Waves 9, NI Komplete 10, VSL, EWQL Platinum, BFD3, Superior, Arturia, Sound Toys, Euphonix MC Control + Mix, Neumann mics, DynAudio, Yamaha + Adam monitors, a lot of outboard AND Steinway Concert Grand A ;-)

ZeroZero

Re: Pro Tools user looking to Cubase for orchestral work

Post by ZeroZero » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:38 am

Folders could be so much more useful

Here is my top three suggestions

1] Make it possible to see and import whole folders when using import track from project. Imagine having a folder with your strings which you could import if you need to

2] Make it possible (optionally) for the folder to govern the routing, so that anything put in that folder gets routed to whatever the folder is routed to. It could even be possible for group tracks to behave like folders.

3] Make it possible to invisibalize folders to reduce clutter. There are other ways a folder could be represented in the project view - a slim line perhaps or an icon on the track indicating ownership when tooltipped.

These three comparatively minor improvements would make a huge difference to peoples workflow. One could then develop 'library' projects where your instrument genres are kept, then imported, with no excess RAM overhead, as the import could then be cut to what you need.

This would be a huge improvement.
Cubase 9, 64 bit Intel 8700k, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM PC, Win10, Focusrite Liquid 56 Running in Surround 5.1 British Rail sandwich circa 1967, a singing fish and an inert K9.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Zero_Zero

Return to “General”